Kempton & Co., a small but growing Small Handbag and Accessory Design & Production Business is looking for a dynamic full-time employee for the position of a Creative Retail & Studio Assistant. Will be working on all aspects of the business, directly alongside the creative director and independently on site. Positive energy and ability to switch between types of tasks is a must!
The position is four to five days a week, two weekends per month are included.
We are located in RED HOOK ! Please understand that it may be a long commute before applying. We are one block away from a B61 bus stop and a 5-10 minute walk away from the new Red Hook NYC Ferry stop!
Requirements to apply:
- Must be able to commute on time, to the location
- Include a cover letter and resume
- Not have a side business/conflict of interest, as this a full time job
- Be able to work legally indefinitely in the USA
- Be able to work two weekends a month
- Currently live in New York, this is an immediate position
Some of the Responsibilities/Tasks-at-Hand as our Creative Studio Assistant will include:
- Processing Wholesale and Retail Orders using various web based platforms.
- Keeping track of production and inventory – we make our own product in our own factory.
- Assisting customers in the retail store and being knowledgeable about the brand and product.
- Attending and set up of our NY-based trade shows with the team.
- Updating our online store and creating content for the website blog.
- Creative content creation; website artwork, instagram images.
- Creation and copy of marketing emails.
- Communication with vendors, our factories and customers.
- Working with Excel to keep track of various costs of the business
- Learning the different web platforms that we use: Shopify/Lightspeed/Quickbooks/Fedex Ship Manager/Joor
- Small tasks that help the bigger picture! We are a small team and each person is required to help across roles.
Skills and attributes we're looking for:
- Pleasant, positive energy -- someone who likes working directly with our customers in a retail environment, but is focused on the many tasks that have to get completed alongside to drive the wholesale and online business.
- Multi tasker -- someone who is organized, and can follow up.
- Respectful and communicative -- Communication and respect for our workspaces and team is a must for this position!
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Basic skills in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Punctual -- Understandably, Red Hook is a hike for some applicants. But, we need someone who is on time always and their lateness is an anomaly.
- Strong computer/technology skills -- We use at least half a dozen different web platforms every day, and many tasks have steps within a couple rather than a single platform. Easy to learn everything, but follow through is a must for each task so you must be able to juggle technology well.
- Styling abilities -- We're a small batch production business, sometimes the things that you sell in the store will be the last in stock. It'd be a huge plus for you to be able to know how to restyle the front of house or booths at trade shows, so that it constantly looks professional and put-together. If you don't know, then definitely just have an eye for composition of visuals and a willingness to learn.
- Driving Licence – We partake in many wholesale and retail events, often needing us to drive or move a vehicle. This is not a requirement but would be a plus.
We're looking for an assistant who would love to grow with the business, and truly understands that their thorough execution of their role help the business grow too.
This could be an ideal position for someone graduating from a design field, eager to learn all aspects of what it takes to run and build a fashion company. However, we are not looking for another designer or photographer- emphasis is on the roles of the job description.
Compensation: $32,000 - 45,000/year depending on experience
Please ensure that you write a cover letter expressing your intent and applicable skills to the listed tasks. We will not accept any applications that do not have a cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Brooklyn, NY 11231
Required education: Bachelor's
Required experience: Retail Sales or customer service: 1 year
Required language: English
To Apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com.