Retail Boutique Manager/ Merchandise Manager, Los Angeles needed for adorable shop-in-shop. Join a growing and motivated business that tailors to activities and fitness for children and adults. Looking for an experienced Retail Merchandiser or Shop Manager (apparel, gift items, snacks) to manage the business within a business; hire and train team, oversee inventory, spearhead sales and marketing of the shop. The ideal candidate will have creative merchandising skills to showcase product and brainstorm sales promotions. This little dynamic retail store is located within an amazing 40,000 square foot gym, activity and fitness destination in a trendy part of LA.
- Manage activities of the shop; accountable for all incoming and outgoing items, product orders, sales, promotions, marketing
- Creatively and effectively merchandise apparel, all items, assist with in-store layout, product placement, best use of display and square footage
- Grow sales; brainstorm and collaborate with owners to create promotions that parallel and capitalize on in-house activities, functions, seasons and weather.
- Order regular product and anticipate seasonal needs, foresee inventory gaps and ensure pre-orders for all promotions
- Inventory management; diligently track product and movement, identify needs for new and different product
- Vendor negotiations, vendor system in-put/delivery set up, and vendor relations
- Marketing; generate new and effective ways to market product during business hours offline and online, within store and around the floor
- Social media; may assist with social media and community advertising and posts to draw attention to the shop
- Hire and select new store team members; train with inventory pricing, cashier, service and sales.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Normally requires a Bachelor’s degree (or Associates degree) in Merchandising & Design, Marketing, Business, or similar.
- Required: Must have experience in Retail and or Merchandising experience 3-5 years, additionally 1+ year(s) as a supervisor/trainer or manager. Apparel (adult): some retail children’s wear or selling children gifts is ideal, but not required. Buyer experience is a plus.
- Ability to hire, motivate and train a team, manage others, coordinate shifts and scheduling
- Strong interpersonal skills with sales and customer-service mind-set
- Experience working around clients of all ages; toddlers through adults, must enjoy working around kids!
- Experience building client relations and increasing monthly sales in a retail environment
- Entrepreneur mentality and desire to continuously improve and grow a small retail business
This is an amazing opportunity for the right person. Flex schedule weekdays + some weekends to start. Full time: approximately 40 hours per week, health benefits, parking, perks.
TO APPLY email resume immediately to: “email@example.com” Please include “Retail Store Manager” in the subject line.
Talent Suede offers smart career choices for candidates, all levels in Apparel, Retail, Digital and Corporate industries. For more information and hot jobs log onto www.talentsuede.com.