Position: Special Projects and Operations Assistant
Reporting to: Special Projects and Operations Manager/GM
Date: 14 December 2017
Salary: Negotiable based on experience
An experienced Special Projects and Operations Assistant is required for Dover Street Market New York to help oversee all operations, maintenance and store installations.
- A highly motivated individual with a strong sense of ownership and responsibility and the ability to converse with all levels both internally and externally.
- Must be energetic and self-motivated. Willing to do whatever is required to get the job done.
- Decisive, structured and organized, with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent at working and delivering against deadlines and the ability to work under pressure.
- Performs as a team-player.
- Ensure all maintenance, repairs and cleaning is done in accordance with Dover Street Market New York Standards.
- Research, create budgets, schedule and coordinate all special projects and installations.
- Work closely with LP Manager to ensure that security needs are met at all times for installations, product launches, and maintenance.
- Advanced MS Word, Excel, Photoshop, and PowerPoint skills required.
- Ability to read and understand architectural construction documents and specifications.
- Must possess excellent project management skills.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Research special projects and source items for installations (fixtures, props, furniture, etc).
- Create, maintain and update event plans, critical path documents and budgets.
- Assist with installation management as needed.
- Coordinate and schedule in store installations.
- Oversee event production in conjunction with Press team.
- Coordinate and schedule shipments with Inventory Control Manager to import and export fixtures as needed.
- Create, update, and maintain decks for internal and external use.
- Assist with planning and preparation of regular maintenance visits from contractors and technicians.
- Maintain and update PM and regular maintenance schedule in accordance with state laws and OSHA.
- Oversee cleaning team to ensure all locations are kept to company standards.
- Oversee pest control company to ensure all locations are protected.
- Create punch lists for cleaners, painters, handymen and all other vendors.
- Work closely with Loss Prevention to ensure security needs are met and to arrange for coverage on an as needed basis.
- Manage and update long term storage fixture inventory.
- Prepare budgets and present to GM for approval.
- Update and maintain Employee Handbook and Policy and Procedures as needed.
- Order supplies for all stores and office.
- Well planned and timely execution of all special projects and events.
- Ensure store and office locations are kept to company standards.
- Monitor loss prevention and security to ensure adequate coverage at all times.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 3-5 years of relevant project management and operations experience.
To Apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org