The Senior Designer / Design Director at Lunya creates best-in-class sleepwear, leading in innovation, function, fit, and quality. In partnership with the Product team, you design and develop the line from inception to finished product. You take a problem-solving approach, and obsess over how to consistently push the envelope within design and construction to solve her sleepwear needs. Essentially you lose sleep over it, so that she never has to. Your pieces truly matter – we’re not about cranking out styles to make a specific ship-date, or designing just to check a box. We design less, but with laser-focus on making each piece thoughtful and amazing. Our customer trusts us to give her the absolute best sleepwear out there – and we take that seriously.
What You’ll Do:
You combine premium knit experience, with creativity, technical skills, and a collaborative attitude. You work well with Merchandising and Production to create functional, innovative, quality designs – oh, and experience with active wear and/or functional fabrics is a plus. You are not only comfortable with, but happy to wear multiple hats when needed – and we bet you look good in hats, so why not? You are also hard-working, driven, entrepreneurial, a team player and fun to hang out with.
Who You Are:
- Degree in fashion design
- Minimum 7-10 years of design experience
- An expert in cut & sew premium knits and soft wovens, sweater knits a plus
- Active-wear design and/or technical fabric experience a plus
- Lead all fittings from proto to production
- OCD-level attention to detail
- Appreciative of slow-fashion, approach every piece with purpose and passion
- There’s more but just apply, come in, and let’s chat about it
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org so that you can help us change the world – one bedroom at a time. With your response, please include answers to the below questions:
1) My favorite design job to date was ______ because_____?
2) 2-3 brands I love the aesthetic of are ______ because_____
3) I stay inspired and innovative by_____
4) Do you have any links to your work or files you can send digitally? If so please feel free to attach or send a link and you are welcome in to include a description if relevant.
More About Lunya:
Our sleepwear helps women sleep better and feel confidently comfortable.
Our small-but-mighty team is smart, creative, passionate, and entrepreneurial-minded who meet the same superior standards we set for our product. But you know, we’re a young company so nothing is above or below you – assisting with trim sourcing and owning tech packs shouldn’t send you running for the hills. Our company culture is special and unique – you’ll dig it we promise. Plus, wouldn’t you rather commute to Santa Monica instead of Downtown? Nothing against Downtown but, let’s be real…