JOB LOCATION: New York
TITLE: Production Intern
REPORTS TO: Event Production Team
Beyond8 is an innovative event production agency founded by Brittney Escovedo; specializing in fashion, tech, restaurant, and music-related events. Our focus is bringing our clients and their target groups together in the most impactful way.
In this climate, an event producer must understand marketing, design, leveraging digital platforms as well as how to engage influencers to create buzzworthy events. Beyond8 is the alternative to old-world methodology when it comes to production.
We are event producers for the prolific millennial generation.
The Event Production Interns will work closely with the Production Team to ensure that all production-related elements for the fashion show are properly executed in a timely manner.
This is a position ideal for someone looking to break into event production. The ideal candidate will be comfortable wearing many different hats, and will be extremely detail oriented with strong pre-planning and accurate time estimation skills. Our events are multifaceted with many moving parts that the PA supports.
Our highly collaborative environment is best suited for candidates who can take direction from a variety of inputs, is resourceful and creative, and is adept at creating last-minute solutions.
- Experience in fashion Event production
- 1+ years experience required in any of the following: event/festival production, live music/ bands ,nightlife, film production. (not required but preferred)
- Basic Handyman, plumbing, electrical, and/or carpentry skills (not required but preferred)
- Experience in setting up event AV: audio, lighting, video (not required but preferred)
- Understands how to stay organized to make execution quick and efficient
- On-Time and Dependable
- Clear communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Able to multitask gracefully in an ultra fast and schedule-based-environment
- Exceptionally good judgement, common sense and intuition.
- Able to lift 50lbs + comfortably
- Team Player
- Set the room layout according to the needs of events
- Maintain venue tidiness and make sure everything is working properly
- Take ownership of inventory of tools, equipment, materials & supplies
- Help Production Managers make accurate plans for load in and event traditions
- Onsite troubleshooting (correct floor layout, missing props, etc)
- Special projects and tasks as determined with supervisor
- Backstage set-up
- Runway set-up
- Collection coordination // set-up
HOURS: TBD based on event needs.
TO APPLY: Send a resume including 3 production references and a cover letter describing how you can contribute with subject line “Beyond8 Production Intern” to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Temp, Internship v