KFD PR is a communications agency based in New York City. We provide communications strategy and talent management for some of the industries most beloved talent and brands in beauty, lifestyle, fashion, and wellness. Our current client roster includes Michelle Phan, Hourglass Cosmetics, Glow Recipe, Chriselle Lim, Juice Beauty and many more.
KFD PR offers a unique opportunity for interns to gain hands-on experience, practical knowledge, and professional exposure to both traditional and digital PR. Our goal is to provide our interns with a valuable, fun experience that can be integrated into future endeavors.
The ideal intern is influencer savvy — you know who’s who amongst the fashion, beauty, YouTube, lifestyle sectors, and are continuously scrolling YouTube, Instagram, blogs, etc. Bonus if you’re on the pulse of upcoming platforms, and can spot digital trends / digital consumer behavior. Must have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work on a multitude of projects at the same time. Candidates need to have strong communication and writing skills, and maintain professionalism with clients, press and coworkers across a variety of circumstances (events, meetings, and daily office environments). Interns will be provided one-on-one mentorship with KFD PR team members and walk away with a robust portfolio of work.
- Scan various magazines, online sites, blogs, YouTube channels, and social platforms for brand placements + clip confirmed media
- Search + identify influencers engaging with KFD PR brands on social platforms
- Plan + implement social strategy for @kfdpr Instagram account to increase exposure, build following, and maintain a cohesive feed (Bonus if you have an eye for photography / Photoshop skills to create original content)
- Assemble + execute various strategic seedings for KFD PR brands
- Sharing weekly round-ups of relevant industry news regarding influencers, beauty brands, digital / traditional media, social media, etc.
- Assist with one-off influencer + press / media requests
- Maintain and regularly update influencer lists
- Assisting teams in preparation for calls, meetings, activations / events
- All applicants must be available a minimum of 2 full days per week (preferred availability is M-Th with option to work Friday’s remote)
- Must be a college student currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in public relations, communication, journalism, marketing and/or business is preferred
- Must be able to work out of our office located in Soho
- Have a strong interest in the digital space, especially as it pertains to influencers and social media
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Intrinsically understands how to work fast but efficiently, and with that can easily prioritize a vast to-do list
- Enthusiastic, motivated and happy! We are small team and looking for someone who has a positive attitude and is ready to dive into multiple projects at once
- Regular team outings
- Unlimited MTA card
- Work from home Fridays (remote four-hour days)
- Of course, beauty products
How to Apply:
- Please e-mail a resume and short note of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your email should include some background on your interest in public relations/communications, relevant coursework, prior internship experience + answer following questions:
o Who do you follow on social media – give five examples.
o What are three .com sites you visit regularly - give five examples.
o What are your favorite beauty brands (makeup, nails, hair, skincare, tools, etc.) and why?
o List your Instagram handle