The Fine Jewelry Sales Associate must embody a deep passion for gemology and fine jewelry, as well as exhibit a professionalism and taste level that compliments Mociun’s aesthetic. His/her excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills geared towards driving sales and overall store profitability. In addition, you will be responsible for upholding the company mission by providing excellent product knowledge and dedication towards a positive customer experience. The sales associate’s primary focus is driving sales through delivery and maintenance of Mociun’s company standards.
Additional responsibilities include building his/her own business by developing client relationships and exceeding personal and store wide sales plan is first as the key professional skill set. Participation in general inventory management and execution of strategic clientele initiatives, including participating in company training sessions, working store special events and supporting social media based sales. Associates are a part of the life and culture of Mociun Corp and work with our headquarters and Fine staff to contribute to the overall impacts of all company outlets.
This position reports to Assistant General Manager, who in turn reports to the Sales Director.
Providing excellent customer service
- Offering a welcoming environment to the client by offering a high standard of customer service;
- Willing to build a long- term relationship with the client rather than a “one-shot” sell;
- Building a strong client database by gathering all clients' information;
- Ensure proper care is taken for all sales, paperwork, receipts and invoices, ect. Assist with shipping requests as needed;
- Updating and reviewing customer wants list
- Performs other duties and assignments as required
Familiarity with our Fine Jewelry
- Attend trainings and further development meetings as scheduled by jewelry manager or first floor manager.
- Seek ongoing and continuing education of gemology
- Cultivate new and existing customer relationships.
- Deliver a significant portion of sales through repeat client business.
- Appropriately enter all important guest and product information into computer system at point of sale.
- Perform proper jewelry march (i.e. setting up floor) at opening and closing
- secure all jewelry pieces nightly in safes, properly set alarm
- Actively participates in all merchandising activities including, but not limited to: daily stock maintenance, product transfers, and folding and floor changeovers
- Working with and giving feedback on products and sales to Sales Director and Founder during monthly meetings
Expectation of Staff:
- Adheres to company policy and procedures;
- Performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicates regularly with manager about department issues;
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload;
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position; meets department productivity standards.
- Sending End of Day emails and Store Orders to GM, Production and Founder
- Checking off daily task sheet
- Filling in customer stories, sales numbers, next day’s tasks
- Maintaining cleanliness in the store
- Keep all ceramics, surfaces, mirrors, and furniture clear and organized
- Keep back office clean and organized- no dishes are to be left dirty in the sink at anytime. No food left out. Trash taken out every night, water filters filled.
- Following Safety Protocols
- Locking Safe at night and Putting the Alarm on at night
- Card Authorization Form
- Being on time for shifts
- Responsible for knowing your schedule
- Communicating with Manager when sick / Communicating with Manager regarding any schedule changes with ample notice
- Luxury retail or high end boutique experience
- A commitment to delivering top notch, personalized customer service
- A love of fine jewelry/fashion and a solid knowledge of contemporary and independent designers within the field
- An awareness and appreciation of the Mociun’s aesthetic and position in the marketplace
- Excellent organization skills
- Ambition to grow within the Mociun brand
- A working understanding of basic POS software, iphones, social media, etc.
- Especially qualified associates also have experience with clienteling or personal shopping