Currently, OW!'s core focus is events and red carpet press as we do PR as well. We have clients that are key NYFW sponsors, magazine brands, a major online fashion retailer, a nationally recognized life coach, and many high profile "per project" clients. During the last 22 NYFW seasons, we have consulted on 221 fashion shows and events and have similar work for September. We are looking for dedicated, grounded individuals who are looking to grow with us.
If you want to learn the "in’s and out’s" of New York Fashion Week in a boutique setting, this opportunity is for you.
TIMING / HOURS:
- Beginning January 22nd for at least 3 full days per week, or more, leading into NYFW
- All 7 days of NYFW from February 8th to 14th, plus about 3 wrap / reporting days after
- Last day is February 19th
- Focused on production, client shows and events through NYFW
- Only the top candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Candidates in need of school credit are welcome.
- This is not a paid internship.
- An interest in PR is a plus!
- Self-motivated and ability to work w/ minimal supervision at times
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize
- Proficient in Mac/PC, Word, Excel, Photoshop, InDesign, email, etc.
- Team Player and good interpersonal skills
- Excellent follow-up skills
- Must be VERY trustworthy and reliable
- Solid communications skills
- References are REQUIRED!
- Assisting with all aspects of preparation for NYFW productions
- Office administrative work
- Assisting with all special projects and events
- Assisting with wrap up and client reporting
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- How fashion shows and presentations really work
- Basic production and organizational skills for fashion events
- Behind the scenes look at the New York Fashion industry and media events
- Opportunities to develop a public relations and events understanding by sitting in on client and strategy meetings
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email email@example.com with the word "intern" in the email title.