Purple a seeking a Senior Account Manager with a specialization in travel, luxury and design to join the lifestyle division in our New York office. Our offices are based in downtown New York with offices in London and Los Angeles.
The successful candidate must have a solid background with a minimum 4+ years PR experience in the design, architecture, luxury tech, hospitality and lifestyle industry, be results driven and have a proven track record in successfully implementing a PR strategy. They will have excellent press contacts and demonstrate a high degree of initiative and creativity when pro-actively proposing new ideas. They will also be an articulate presenter, possess good writing skills, be competent at media analysis reporting and thrive on attention to detail.
- A proven track record of executing results driven media relations campaigns on behalf of clients spanning design, architecture, product placement, art and luxury lifestyle
- Liaising with clients, senior level press and key influencer contacts to support all needs, including: monthly coverage reports and ad hoc requests
- Pro-actively pitch and secure maximum editorial opportunities. Maintain press interest in existing campaigns and maintain ‘buzz’ around new launches
- Daily press interaction; nurture and develop high level strategic relationships with media across all channels via regular communication, press appointments, property visits, etc.
- Writing press releases, bios, company boiler plates and fact sheets
- Managing Account Managers and Junior level staff
Skills and qualities required:
- Established senior level press and influencer contacts
- Excellent knowledge of all media including strong understanding of digital landscape and social media platforms
- You will be a hard-working and proactive candidate who is enthusiastic, works well within a small team and has a passion for media. An understanding of the lifestyle and hospitality industry is vital.
- Experience managing high profile clients within the realm of travel, design, hospitality, luxury lifestyle goods, and art & culture.
- 4+ years of lifestyle PR experience, agency or in-house
- High level contacts with design, architecture, hospitality, lifestyle & online media
- Experience overseeing product and showroom launches, new projects, large-scale events, creating compelling brand partnerships, and having worked across the agency to seek out client collaborations.
- Experience managing account teams and developing/mentoring junior staff
- Portfolio of previous secured press clips, including features, profiles, news items, event coverage, etc.
- Salary & bonus commensurate with level of experience / competitive with industry standards, health care benefits, vacation policy.
Please send a resume and cover letter to jobsNY@purplepr.com
Based in downtown New York and West Hollywood, California, Purple represents a variety of brands across different areas of expertise including Fashion, Lifestyle, Architecture, Hospitality, and Music. Purple is independent in philosophy, attitude and operation –offering a boutique in-house approach, the strategic requirements of each client are individually tailored from the outset.
Purple’s services cover press relations, editorial procurement, product placement, social media strategy, blogger collaborations, and high profile event management.
For more information please visit www.purplepr.com