Purple is looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic senior candidate to lead its lifestyle team in the New York office. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in successful hotel, property and brand launches, large scale events, global PR and marketing campaigns, brand collaborations, staff management and business development.
Responsibilities include overseeing global media relations campaigns on behalf of top tier Travel, Restaurants, Lifestyle, and Spirits clients based in the U.S. This candidate will have a comprehensive roster of editorial contacts spanning Editors in Chief, Executive and Deputy Editors, Directors, Travel, Spirits and Critics/Reviewers and have the ability to negotiate a secure features, executive profiles, design stories, broadcast appearances and ongoing coverage on behalf of clients.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategize, execute, and manage global media relations campaigns across lifestyle, architecture, design, travel, fashion and business media.
- Day-to-day point person for high level client contacts spanning CEOs, GMs, CMOs, VPs and Creative Directors.
- Develop media outreach strategy timeline for launches with relationship to overall project timeline.
- Collaborate with division heads and project teams as necessary to seamlessly integrate cultural programming into project strategy and schedule and ensure successful execution of press and social media campaigns, special events, retail collaborations, and/or other deliverables
- Identify strategic speaking opportunities and collaborations on behalf of clients
- Managing account teams to successfully execute against expected campaign deliverables
- Train and mentor junior staff to ensure growth within the agency
- Participate in business development, including pitches and proposal creation
Skills and qualities required:
- 7-10 years of PR & marketing experience
- Superior high level media contacts and broadcast, print and online media
- Experience managing account teams
- Established relationships with influencers within Purple’s areas of focus, including fashion, travel, beauty, lifestyle, music, art and culture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional problem-resolution skills, including the ability to think creatively and prioritize multiple assignments in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Ability to be a team player in an environment that requires and rewards collaboration
- BA/BS Required
Please send a resume and cover letter to jobsNY@purplepr.com
Based in downtown New York and West Hollywood, California, Purple represents a variety of brands across different areas of expertise including Fashion, Lifestyle, Architecture, Hospitality, and Music. Purple is independent in philosophy, attitude and operation –offering a boutique in-house approach, the strategic requirements of each client are individually tailored from the outset.
Purple’s services cover press relations, editorial procurement, product placement, social media strategy, blogger collaborations, and high profile event management.
For more information please visit www.purplepr.com