The RealReal is seeking a PR Specialist with 4-5 years PR experience (agency experience required), who will report into the company’s Head of PR. The ideal candidate is a passionate, strategic, self starter, who is excited about joining a fast-paced company changing the face of luxury fashion.
Reports to: Director of PR
- Support press announcements with press release, pitch and target development, outreach, and coverage tracking.
- Develop proactive story ideas to drum up media attention during slow news periods
- Offer PR support for various campaigns, holidays, stores, and events
- Manage media lists and coverage reports
- Managing speaking and awards program including abstract development and staying on top of submission deadlines
- Hit quarterly and monthly PR goals
- Develop creative ideas and campaigns to drive press results
- 4-5 years of experience in a full-time PR role, either agency, or a mix of both agency and in-house
- Worked with e-commerce and / or fashion brands
- Proven success in building media relationships with business, tech, and fashion press (men’s a plus)
- Strong press contacts; Knows how to build compelling pitches and stories for media
- Strategic in finding the right press contacts for news announcements and pitches
- Strong writer who is able to develop press releases, speaking abstracts, Q&As
- Creative, Proactive, team player; always thinking one step ahead
- Not afraid to pick up the phone and call reporters to pitch an idea
- Think holistically about company goals and how PR can positively impact the business
- Experience building and managing media lists and coverage tracking
- Experience managing speaking and awards programs
401K and Health, Vision, Dental on your first day!
Transportation assistance (shuttle service from nearby Bart stations)
PTO and vacation time
Career growth opportunities and much more!