TURNER, a full service public relations, social media, content and digital communications agency specializing in travel and lifestyle brands, is seeking a Senior Account Supervisor for its lifestyle division. The position can be based in either our New York or Chicago office and will manage a range of clients from outdoor lifestyle, accessories/gear, active apparel, and retail.
The Senior Account Supervisor is responsible for day-to-day client campaign management, setting short-term and long-term brand strategies, ensuring deliverables and owning results. The position will lead and manage media on a national level as well as regionally in support of key brand activations and retail initiatives.
The role requires an aggressive, strategic and highly connected publicist who can also manage and develop a team successfully. This position requires U.S. travel; up to 30 percent of the time from client planning sessions, sales meetings, trade shows as well as retail store openings.
Account & Client Management
- Manages daily activities for designated accounts with minimal supervision
- Serves as a day-to-day resource and oversees team development of client communications, managing client relations through meetings, conference calls, events and general contact
- Manages team of 3-4 publicity and digital team members and communicates status updates with leadership
- Attending and actively participating in client visits, meetings and planning sessions in various locations
- Leads development of quarterly and annual plans, collaborating with client to outline KPIs
- Ability to manage account budgets and resources, as necessary
- Writes and reviews client collateral (news releases, media alerts, corporate bios and press kits) ensuring brand voice
- Proactively identifies ways to integrate digital and influencer activations into communications strategies
- Develops and maintains media and influencer relationships with focus on mainstream consumer, endemic verticals (as identified by brand), broadcast and brand/business thought leadership
- Oversees planning and team execution of key media-facing events including trade shows (i.e. Outdoor Retailer, Agenda, Project)
- Plans, implements and manages client media tours and local market visits, as needed
- New Business: Participating in generation, brainstorming, and providing insight toward new business growth opportunities
- Internal Leadership: Sharing best practices, successes and learnings and contributing to TURNER U sessions quarterly
- Mentorship: Conducting career conversations and identifying opportunities for junior talent to grow and develop within their role and the agency
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 6-8 years of communications agency experience within consumer or lifestyle portfolio – including relevant experience in CPG, active and retail.
- Comfortable being ‘out in the field’ with media, executing brand immersions and familiarization experiences
- Strong retail experience with multi-door, omni-channel brands in the active space
- Proven ability to secure high quality brand, lifestyle and endemic media coverage
- Strong understanding of local media and broadcast to support retail store openings
- Actively participates in the outdoors and has a native understanding of the influences and trends that drive the industry and consumer
- Solid strategic writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in AP Style
- Holds established national and trade media relationships, as well as blogger and business media relationships – and has the skills to develop new relationships using traditional and digital tools
- Proven experience planning high-profile events for lifestyle clients
- Previous experience coordinating media tours
- Detail and results-oriented with the ability to be creative while maintaining precision
- Uses social media tools regularly and has experience integrating social media into public relations programs
- Proficiency using Cision/Cisionpoint, news wires, Keynote and MS applications
- BA or BS in public relations, journalism, communications or related fields
For immediate consideration for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
Please, no phone calls – however, we’re open to any other creative communications you may want to try.
TURNER is an Equal Opportunity Employer.