This position is for someone who is skilled at assisting customers by performing a variety of Optical tasks and is eager to gain further experience in a customer-facing role. A good Optician should embody the look and feel of the company while providing excellent service to help fulfill customers’ unique requirements.
Your typical day would involve...
- Assisting customers to determine the best possible eyewear solution that fulfills their needs
- Frequent communication with our lab
- Taking pupillary distance measurements to correctly center lenses
- Fit, confirm, adjust, repair, and dispense eyewear
- Temple repair or replacement
- Switching out lenses
- Assembling custom frames
- Educating customers on proper fit and use of new lenses during adjustment phase
Getting down to business: the job requirements...
- Optical license as required by state law (Certification from the American Board of Opticianry preferred)
- 2+ years of Optician experience preferred
- Must be self-driven, highly organized and able to multitask
- Trustworthy and approachable demeanor
- Prior experience working both independently and in a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
If you’d like to be considered for the role... Please email a resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com with the title: Optician