A PEACE TREATY is founded on the belief that wearing beautiful, handcrafted apparel and accessories, imbued with the story of their maker are the most beautiful and luxurious in the world. In 2016, the CFDA announced A PEACE TREATY as one of it's newest members to join its roster of top talent.
Reporting to the Founder and Creative Director of A Peace Treaty, the Operations Assistant will run and manage all administrative aspects of the office. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, resourceful, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously; all while maintaining a professional, confidential, and positive attitude.
- Take full ownership of the day-to-day operations of our office
- Lead all day-to-day finance operations including functional responsibility over estimates, budget planning, account payables and receivables via QuickBooks
- Collaborate with accounting team to provide documentation for quarterly/yearly taxes; Collection of 1099s, etc.
- Work closely with our accounting and sales team to reconcile accounts; Facilitates client billing and commission payouts
- Overseeing coding and entering invoices into the general ledger system
- Deposit and apply customer payments received by check, payments made to the factor and manage all incoming wire and ACH payments from the bank.
- Book, research, and dispute chargebacks.
- Supervises and executes all inbound and outbound shipments while reviewing all export documents for international shipments (Commercial invoices, HTS code etc)
- Manages 3PL relationship as well as EDI
- Monitors shipment costs and negotiates contracts
- Works with production to schedule international deliveries; Develops shipping strategy based on seasonal delivery windows
- Manages inventory control; Organizes inventory count and adjust inventory in Shopify
- Web order fulfillment via Shopify
- Review and write contracts
- Create sales strategy in unison with our sales showroom
- Think outside the box for sales strategies and collaborations
- Serve as the key sales contact to major retail and boutique accounts
- Manage production timelines seasonally
- Organize and set up sample sale events
- Management of market and production calendars
- Maintain office supplies and inventory; anticipate needs and evaluate new office products and ways of doing things that increase efficiency within the work environment
- Act as an onboarding liaison for new hires; Manage interns as needed
- Foster a positive, engaged, and inclusive office culture
- Produce correspondences and communications, as needed
- Other projects as needed
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/ Finance/ Business Management
- 2+ years’ experience working in an Administrative capacity with an interest in fashion
- Proficient with Mac operating systems, Quickbooks, Google Suite, Shopify, MailChimp, and MS Office
- Experience with department store vendor portals
- Experience managing budgets
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- A multi-tasker who can balance quality with efficiency in a small company
- A detail-oriented, organized, and self-starting individual
- Someone who works well under pressure; able to use discretionary judgment and make solid decisions
- Tech Savvy skills with the passion to improve processes
- Strong administrative skills to include typing speed and accuracy
To Apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org