Michelle Stuhl & Company, Inc. is a global retained executive search firm specializing in recruiting creative and business talent .
We are working with e.l.f. [Eyes, Lips, Face] Cosmetics, a disruptor in the beauty industry, on an exciting opportunity for a Creative Director of Digital. e.l.f. is experiencing incredible growth and was voted Beauty Brand of the Year by Women's Wear Daily.
The Creative Director will report to the VP Creative, Ashley Rosebrook a gifted designer and fantastic leader, formerly of Estée Lauder, Aveda and Avon. The mission is to elevate and innovate all digital creative including global ecommerce sites, social media, video, and corporate and press communications.
Candidates must have a passion for clean sophisticated design and an understanding of current digital strategy trends. Experience managing and mentoring a design team is required.
This position will be located at e.l.f.’s New York City offices. If interested, please email Michelle Stuhl at firstname.lastname@example.org with relevant portfolio images and/or links.
SUMMARY & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: The focus of this position is to partner with VP of Creative as digital expert to spearhead all digital creative development and oversee the internal, digital design team in the following areas:
- Bring digital innovation and stimulate the development of new ideas with digital design team.
- Direct the digital design team in communication hierarchy for all digital materials.
- Collection Concepts: seasonal concepts for product, beauty & lifestyle photography.
- Direct all digital Press materials.
- Creative development of videos for In-store, Social Media, Online, Global Communications and Corporate Presentations.
- Creative development of online channels: Global Ecommerce sites, with a focus on mobile and Social Media channels (in partnership with Ecomm Marketing and Social Media team).
- Work with digital design team to oversee e.l.f. Cosmetics website creative according to the ecommerce marketing content calendar.
- Oversee digital corporate branding materials.
- Attend photo shoots and video shoots to ensure accurate visual, content and align with approved creative direction lead by VP Creative.
- Introduce new talent, vendors and agencies for video and digital projects.
The Creative Director, Digital is responsible for driving design innovation with digital design team to oversee design and content for all digital areas: Online, Mobile, Social Media, In Store technology. Work closely with VP Creative to generate seasonal ideas for collections and photo shoots. Projects are usually undertaken and completed under very tight timelines.
Candidates must have a passion for clean sophisticated design and an understanding of
current digital strategy trends. Experience managing and mentoring a design team is
This position will be located at e.l.f.’s New York City offices. If interested, please email Michelle Stuhl at email@example.com with relevant portfolio images and/or links
- Communicate effectively the creative objectives of projects and partner with internal departments such as Online, Consumer Marketing, Social Media, PR (Agencies), Art Directors, Designers and Copywriters.
- Work closely with internal digital design team and development to manage creative execution and development of Online Projects.
- Proven track record of growing and sustaining creative team talent
- Experience working with demandware / salesforce commerce
- Experience working with UX UI and partnering with internal and external UX/UI
- Manage digital design direction
- Oversee retouching of photo work for online & printed materials that are utilized in the field and consumer facing (with in-house producer)
- Assess the effectiveness of design, content and videos used digital channels on a seasonal basis.
- Ability to anticipate team workload and establish schedule/work flow with Creative Operations lead and Digital Project Manager partners to meet project deadlines
- Ability to work with people in various disciplines: marketing, product development, sales, retail etc.
- Superior organizational and communications skills.
- BA or BFA preferred
- 10+ Years of direct design experience
- 7+ Years of digital design team management experience. Mobile focus a must.
- Knowledge of computer programs including: Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and PhotoShop, Flash, HTML, Java
- Knowledge of emerging digital platforms and devices. Recent focus on mobile desired.
- Strong digital strategy, design and content building skills for all brand digital programs and products.
- Understanding of current fashion, design and digital trends
- Understand project goals and requirements, usability, technical constraints, budget and schedule