ABOUT THE BRAND:
With an innovative approach to luxury, Eugenia Kim marries clean, classic shapes with fresh, feminine modernity and a playful sense of wit. Bold colors, unexpected trims and high-quality materials are the signature elements that define the collection every season.
In 1998, after a bad haircut, Eugenia created a feathered cloche to wear as a disguise. Boutiques in her downtown New York City neighborhood immediately took notice of the inventive design, and soon after, Barneys New York placed their first order. As a result, the Eugenia Kim brand was born.
Eugenia Kim quickly became fashion’s go-to headwear brand, being featured on the covers of top publications including VOGUE and W Magazine, and on-screen in blockbuster films such as Zoolander and The Beguiled. Celebrities Beyoncé, Jennifer Lopez, Madonna, Gwen Stefani and countless others also took notice, choosing the brand for red-carpet appearances, headwear for concert costumes and to offer a stylish way to shield their faces from paparazzi.
Launched as a millinery collection, the brand has since expanded its offering into other categories of soft accessories, including a diffusion line, Genie by Eugenia Kim. In 2004, Eugenia introduced her highly coveted footwear collection, which was later re-launched in 2014, and followed with an expansion into bags in 2017.
Headquartered and handmade in her New York City studio, Eugenia Kim is sold at luxury retailers such as Bergdorf Goodman, Barneys New York, Harvey Nichols, Net-a-Porter and Saks Fifth Avenue, in addition to over 300 other department stores and specialty boutiques worldwide.
Eugenia has been awarded the honor of 'Accessories Designer of the Year' by the CFDA.
- Responsible for assisting in the design of all product categories under the umbrella of Eugenia Kim, Inc. from research to idea generation to sample production.
- Responsible for the design and development of “Genie by Eugenia Kim”, a capsule diffusion collection that requires a different point of view from Eugenia Kim.
- Directly reporting to both the Product Development Manager and Head Designer
- Responsible for all administrative needs of the Design/Product Development department.
- Research and help develop trends and ideas
- Source fabrics, materials, trims and inspiration from local industry trade shows, showrooms, and the garment district.
- Communicate with domestic and overseas factories throughout the design and development process.
- Create, update, and help to manage factory Excels, specs and tech packs throughout the design and development process; utilize Photoshop, Illustrator, Excel, digital photos and technical sketches as tools to communicate with vendors and factories.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design or Accessories Design
- 1-2 years of working experience in Fashion Design within the Luxury or High End Contemporary sector, with experience in Accessories Design a major plus
- Experience with tech packs/CADs
- Strong Photoshop, Illustrator, Excel skills
Please submit your portfolio and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates that include portfolios will be considered.