With an innovative approach to luxury, Eugenia Kim marries clean, classic shapes with fresh, feminine modernity and a playful sense of wit. Bold colors, unexpected trims and high-quality materials are the signature elements that define the collection every season.
In 1998, after a bad haircut, Eugenia Kim created a feathered cloche to wear as a disguise. Boutiques in her downtown New York City neighborhood immediately took notice of the inventive design, and soon after, Barneys New York placed their first order. As a result, the Eugenia Kim brand was born.
Launched as a millinery collection, the brand has since expanded its offering into other categories of soft accessories, including a diffusion line, Genie by Eugenia Kim. In 2004, Eugenia introduced her highly coveted footwear collection, which was later re-launched in 2014.
Headquartered and handmade in her New York City studio, Eugenia Kim is sold in luxury retailers such as Bergdorf Goodman, Saks Fifth Avenue, Harvey Nichols and TsUM, in addition to over 300 specialty boutiques worldwide. The brand is also regularly featured in top fashion publications and has developed a cult celebrity following.
Eugenia has been awarded the honor of 'Accessories Designer of the Year' by the CFDA.
We are looking for a full-time paid intern (5 days a week) for 3 months that has already graduated. The design intern will be assisting the team in all areas so this is a wonderful opportunity to learn about working for a luxury wholesale fashion company. This position requires a high-energy go-getter that pays very strong attention to detail.
The design intern works directly alongside our design team as they work on our seasonal collections as well as on one-of-a-kind pieces for press and celebrities. There are many opportunities for a self-motivated intern to handle a variety of projects.
- Contribute ideas and creative input for all product categories under the umbrella of Eugenia Kim, Inc. from research to idea generation to sample production.
- Create and update specs and tech packs throughout the design and development process utilizing Photoshop and Illustrator
- Source fabrics, materials, trims and inspiration from local industry trade shows, showrooms, and the garment district.
- Work hands-on with the in-house sample room and local factories to realize samples
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design or Accessories Design
- 1-2 internships in Fashion Design, with experience in Accessories and/or the Luxury or High End Contemporary sector a major plus
- Experience with tech packs/CADs
- Strong Photoshop, Illustrator, Excel skills
Candidates must be able to legally work in the US, and able to start immediately.
Please email cover letter, resume, and portfolio with DESIGN INTERN written in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.