International fashion company Comme des Garcons is seeking a highly organized, passionate and motivated individual to join its NY press team.
The press department oversees all communications pertaining to Comme des Garçons USA and Dover Street Market USA (New York, Los Angeles). Integration and exposure within both companies is extremely high.
This is an excellent role for someone who values critical/independent thinking and embraces the company’s unique approach to retail.
- Strong desire to push the boundaries of what a publicist can do
- Energetic and highly motivated with a strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Excellent at working and delivering against deadlines; ability to work under pressure. Willingness to do whatever is required to get the job done.
- Thrives in a fast-paced small team environment and likes the challenge of tackling a multiplicity of projects at once.
- Values critical/independent thinking and possesses a willingness to contribute creative solutions/approaches to working.
- Decisive, structured in approach and organised, with a keen eye for detail.
- Experience in planning, pitching and executing strategies in partnership with senior staff. Successful track record placing products and stories in top tier media outlets.
- Comfortable liaising with international offices, both in-house and those of our partner brands.
- Must possess strong leadership skills and ability to confidently interface and collaborate with key industry figures, VIPs and senior management both internally and externally.
- Good relationships with key members of the press and their junior staff (print, digital, social).
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal skills; must be comfortable with deadline-driven tasks, multi-tasking and troubleshooting problem cases.
- Must be team player with willingness to provide clear directives, mentorship and training to junior staff, as well as strong support to senior management.
- Strong interest in and cultivation of industry knowledge, social media
- Fashion Week experience preferred
- Oversee day-to-day activities and outreach pertaining to our 18 collections (Comme des Garcons, Junya Watanabe, Noir Kei Ninomiya, Comme des Garcons SHIRT, PLAY, Gosha Rubchinskiy, Wallet, Parfum, etc…) including sample trafficking, monitoring credits, shipments, asset procurement etc…
- Generate lists and pitch/secure coverage for editorials, product placements, profiles, features, event and guides.
- Write thoughtful, well-formulated and effective press releases, pitches, event re-caps and press reports.
- Concept, plan and execute all events and press previews in partnership with department head, inclusive of managing budget, vendor sourcing, logistics, invitation send-out, VIP needs, photography, staffing and décor.
- Liaise closely with DSM brands, inclusive of emerging designers through to established luxury brands in all categories.
- Spearhead industry research with enthusiasm; develop knowledgeability and interest in learning about all new forms of media.
- Train and develop junior staff, in addition to managing intern program.
- Provide pivotal support for international events, including Paris shows and in-store launches.
- B.A/B.S or degree in a related field – Marketing, Journalism, English, Communications etc. If you have an unconventional background and would like to be considered, please let us know why.
- Experience: 3-4 years; an active and personal interest in our business, the Industry and publications is vital.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Photoshop; experience in marketing as it pertains to the web is also a plus.
Salary, Benefits and Other:
- Job type/duration: permanent
- Start date: ASAP
- Salary: Commensurate with experience and ability to meet job requirements.
Standard company benefits:
- Appointed candidate is subject to a three month probationary period after which they will become eligible to receive company benefits, inclusive of: Healthcare (Medical, Vision, Dental), 401K, clothing allowance.
To Apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line Assistant Press Manager / Press Manager.