B|W|R Public Relations has an immediate position available for an Account Coordinator in the Fashion department of our Los Angeles office. Candidate must have previous public relations agency experience, preferably in the fashion/beauty/lifestyle space. We are looking for a team player who is highly organized, detail-oriented, multi tasker, can work under pressure, and has strong client service and media relations skills. Client scope includes special events, consumer, entertainment, fashion, lifestyle, and hospitality brands.
Some responsibilities include:
- Assist with day-to-day administrative and organizational tasks.
- Assist with pitching and securing media placements, including print, television, and online media.
- Assist with drafting some press releases, media alerts and other materials and managing the distribution of news through all outlets.
- Monitoring media, including newspapers, magazines, broadcasts, online sites, blogs, and social media accounts for secured client placements.
- Clipping and servicing placements to clients.
- Drafting and managing periodic client meeting agendas, status reports and recaps.
- Work in Cision and other databases to manage media lists and contacts as well as celebrity contact lists.
- Send and manage event invite lists, secure calendar listings and pre-event press.
- Work onsite at events to manage overall media/talent flow of event.
- Heavy administrative duties to support the team
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong writing skills (bonus: experience with press releases, media alerts, pitching)
- Minimum 1 year of PR agency experience
- Proficient using Cision, Critical Mention, and other major distribution applications
- Proficiency on computers and with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Comfortable multi-tasking and working collaboratively with other team members
- Understanding of various social media channels
To Apply: Please send your resume to Chrissy.Illia@axicom.com, subject line Account Coordinator.