The Brand Strategy / Marketing Director plays a key part in developing business solutions and marketing campaigns for Marc Fisher footwear brands. Reporting to VP of marketing, this position’s role is to combine the interests of partners, brands, internal departments to help produce effective creative solutions and marketing executions. The director’s goal is to bring fresh and innovative insights/business opportunities and inspiring creative ideas to the table. Supporting the VP of marketing in day-to-day strategic output will be crucial to this role as well as streamlining communication with the entire marketing department, while creating and presenting thoughtful and provocative strategies, creative briefs and brand ideas. Additionally, this position will be responsible for driving the annual strategic planning process throughout the year ensuring that marketing opportunities are identified and explored, structuring initiatives so that they can clearly be executed and providing a framework to develop and manage them. This role will lead the analysis and synthesis of critical insights across different marketing teams. Easy Spirit will be focus of this position, acting as marketing brand and digital director for this brand.
Established in 2005, Marc Fisher Footwear company is a leading full-service, product-driven fashion footwear company with knowledge and expertise in design, sales, sourcing, distribution and marketing – all with dedicated and strategic direction for each brand within the portfolio, which includes GUESS, G by Guess, Tommy Hilfiger, Tretorn, Kendall + Kylie, Ivanka Trump, indigo rd., Unisa, Easy Spirit, and Sigerson Morrison along with the namesake brands – Marc Fisher and Marc Fisher LTD. Our diverse portfolio of globally recognized brands – available domestically and internationally via wholesale and retail channels – consistently meets the widest range of consumers’ fashion footwear needs, from classic to contemporary, sport to dress, men’s to women’s. Headquartered in Greenwich, Connecticut, with showrooms in New York City, Marc Fisher Footwear is sold worldwide through department stores, specialty stores and e-commerce channels.
- Drive marketing strategies rooted in performance and new idea generation.
- Support the orchestration of all brand planning, strategic development and analytical activity for owned brands at company, working closely with marketing team in media, digital/social, activation, and PR.
- Work across multiple communications platforms successfully, including ecommerce, social media, video and digital media.
- Partner with key stakeholders across wholesale, international, licensing and ecommerce to ensure total alignment in strategies and tactics that successfully meet business goals in all channels.
- Ensure all deliverables required, internally and externally, are met in a professional, efficient and timely manner.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of category and competitive activity, and keep a finger on the pulse of existing and emerging consumer and cultural trends.
- Directing efforts, as both an individual contributor and team leader, identifying and addressing partners/brands needs throughout each season
- Identify opportunities to constantly improve the quality of thinking applied to our brands’ business by inspiring and facilitating collaboration among partners and team members.
Easy Spirit duties:
- Develop annual marketing strategy with VP that align to brand and organizational goals, increasing awareness, engagement and brand affinity
- Develop and concept ideas that deliver brand and business goals
- Develop 360 integrated campaigns, from concept to planning to execution to analysis, (Media programs, Influencers and events, Brand partnerships, Social Campaigns, etc)
- Drive and coordinate all aspects of programs or content with appropriate cross-functional team members
- Work hand in hand with ecommerce team to ensure seamless execution of daily ecommerce messaging and experiences
- Drive all creative and manage art director and workflow into art department
- Locate and secure partnerships as needed
- Manage all outside agency relationships
- Develop metrics and tracking programs to evaluate success, through daily, monthly and annual monitoring. Continuously learn and optimize to improve ROI
- Management and mentorship of direct reports (graphic designers and marketing managers)
- Manage annual budget
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in marketing and related communications experience. Footwear/fashion experience preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Marketing background, creative problem-solving, and strong analytical capabilities a must.
- Ability to think creatively and evidence of success in developing brands and delivering them to market.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research acumen; comfortable navigating, monitoring, and divining insight and ideas from search and social media.
- Strong communication skills, a gifted writer, and enthusiastic presenter
- Outstanding morale and team-building skills
- Developing and executing a data driven, integrated brand strategy that drives demand and increases brand equity
To Apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.