Paul Wilmot Communications is looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Senior Account Executive to join its thriving Fashion team, which works with both men's and women's fashion and accessories brands. The ideal candidate will support the senior staff on brand launches, on-going product placement, executive profiles, press previews, large scale events and managing junior staff.
Paul Wilmot Communications was established in 1997 in New York City. Over the course of the last 20 years, the agency has produced a significant public relations track record drawing from the highest profile fashion houses, prestige beauty brands, global consumer brands, retailers, and luxury lifestyle clientele. By cross-promoting within our divisions, PWC offers our clients access to new markets, thought leadership and increased visibility.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess a breadth of experience across men's and women's fashion and accessories clientele, with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in this area. This candidate will manage a comprehensive roster of editorial contacts spanning Assistant, Associate and Executive-level in the fashion, accessories and lifestyle Press, and have the ability to negotiate and secure features, executive profiles, design stories, product placement and ongoing coverage on behalf of clients. This candidate will have superior knowledge of the evolving media landscape and regularly contribute to new ideas for placement opportunities.
- Maintain aggressive account activity, using current PR plan as a framework
- Handle majority of all pitching for the client – including strategizing on larger scale editorial opportunities; continually update and monitor status report to ensure pitching efforts on track
- Research potential partnership opportunities / arrange meetings with strategic partners (including, but not limited to,
- speaking engagement opportunities, brand endorsements, event hosting, etc.)
- Oversee photo shoots and broadcast tapings on-site (including drafting of complete call sheet)
- Attend divisional meetings equipped with pertinent updates, client issues, applicable news to share with Division
- Strong working knowledge of Fashion GPS - Maintain and update FashionGPS contacts
- Uphold a strong understanding of social and digital media and its overall importance
- A strong understanding and awareness of the influencing blogs and bloggers of the moment and the content belonging to each
- Fashion Week Experience
- Seek out, coordinate and handle desk side appointments (bringing assistant when applicable), collection previews, walk-throughs, etc.
- A strong understanding of media reporting for a specific brand and it’s commercial initiatives using Meltwater, Cision, Google Reader, etc.
- Train Junior AE and Assistant on team, including detailed walk-throughs of PWC protocol, showing example of how memos / mailings are done, Fashion GPS, etc.; supervise staff to ensure daily tasks are being handled
- Knowledge of Watch, Accessory and Fashion Industry a plus
- Strong contacts at the Director Level preferred
- Ability to communicate on a professional level with top level executives
- Ability to plan all elements of events and fashion shows on behalf of clients
- Plan and execute press trips on behalf of clients
- Must have 5-7 years’ experience
- Open to all Candidates
- Must be good communicator with good writing skills
Please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org