As the leading Lifestyle communications agency, Purple are global specialists with a combined expertise and range of services that is a unique within the market. Creative, culturally connected and driven, we align business ambition and cultural energy for commercial success. We are independent in philosophy, attitude and operation. Offering both a boutique and in-house approach, individually tailored to the client’s business objectives. We work with leading international brands and next generation of ground breaking talent across fashion, beauty, music, hospitality, travel and property. And, we are global: we service our clients internationally from offices in London, New York and LA, working collaboratively as one team to represent brands internationally.
We’re looking for a communications generalist with strong media relations expertise to join Purple New York’s rapidly growing Lifestyle division.
- The role’s focus will be on two of the agency’s premier hospitality clients. The person in this role should have a deep understanding of traditional and new media landscapes, and have a strong network of media contacts in the lifestyle, entertainment, fashion, food, design and travel space.
- The right candidate will have an extensive network across creative industries and will be able to identify cross-industry, long-term brand partnerships in art, design, music and more; They will also be an expert at event concepting and exection.
- The role will require developing comprehensive and thoughtful communications strategies for both this client’s brand and the client as an individual, so while experience in individual publicity isn’t required, it is a plus.
- The person in this role will partner closely with the SVP of the Lifestyle practice and the Digital Director of Purple USA to develop integrated campaigns and approaches.
- The right candidate will also have experience in new business as this role will focus on new business opportunities for Purple USA – across both New York and Los Angeles.
- Finally, this role will require polished management and talent development skills, ensuring that staff are continuing to evolve and sharpen their skillsets.
- Communications and media relations strategy development and execution
- Excellent, polished written skills
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Strategic and analytical thinking
- Business development and growth (organic and net new)
- Commercial and cultural awareness
- Process driver and implentor
- Digital knowledge and understanding
- Relationship-builder (internally, with clients and with press)
- Strong presentation skills
- Proactive problem solving skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Creative and outside-the-box thinking
To Apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com, subject line VP of Lifestyle.