Swoonery.com is a luxury e-tailer of the world’s top designer jewelry brands. Our mission is to help women find unique, designer jewelry that reflects who they are; and to make it easy for men to buy jewelry for the women in their lives and get it right every time.
We’re seeking creative, motivated individuals for two internship opportunities in PR & Social Media and Digital Merchandising for our Manhattan-based office. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Operations and the CEO, these individuals will get hands-on experience which will ultimately prepare them for an entry-level position in social media, marketing, merchandising, or in the jewelry industry.
Must be social media & tech savvy. Familiarity with luxury, e-commerce, or fine jewelry, preferred.
PR & Social Media Internship responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with day-to-day content creation and scheduling of our Instagram, Facebook, WordPress, and Pinterest accounts.
- Engage with followers and potential brand partners on social media platforms.
- Assist with the coordination and execution of brand partnerships, PR and influencer marketing, and photo shoots.
- Coordinate press pulls, tracking, and image requests to major publications, online publications, stylists, digital influencers, and celebrities.
- Help promote Swoonery and its brands, campaigns, activities, and events to the media.
- Monitor Swoonery brand placement/exposure.
- Assist with any press/affiliate/private events.
- Compile targeted media lists for upcoming product launches, promotions, and events.
Digital Merchandising Internship responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist buyers with daily tasks.
- Assist team in auditing and improving visual merchandising
- Attend designer meetings with buying team to generate live/staged content for social media platforms and assist with merchandise selection.
- Generate visual content (photography & graphic design).
- Contribute to the brainstorm and creation of landing pages.
- Assist buyers with the configuration and launching of products on our website by inputting product data into inventory system.
Must be currently enrolled in a 4-year accredited college or university. Major in related field (marketing, public relations, communications, business, etc.). We're looking for candidates who are eager to learn, disciplined and have fun taking on a variety of responsibilities. We value great communication skills, teamwork, and kindness.
- Preferably, at least, one past fashion, editorial or public relations internship.
- Extremely well-organized, methodical and efficient, with a good dose of common sense and initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Pithy, witty yet polished tone in writing preferred.
- Natural eye for aesthetic and understanding of storytelling and branding.
- Experience with third-party scheduling platforms a bonus.
- A team player with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible, trustworthy, resourceful and is willing to rise to any challenge to get things done.
This internship is for experience and/or college credit only. We can be flexible with hours and schedules, but need candidates who can commit to at least 15 hours weekly. Person should be residing in the Tri-State area.
Internship position is available to begin immediately. To apply, please send your resume along with your social media profiles to email@example.com, subject line PR & Social Media Internship and/or Digital Merchandising Internship.