Please note this position is for school credit only! A travel/lunch stipend will be provided.
Established in 2005, Marc Fisher Footwear company is a leading full-service, product-driven fashion footwear company with knowledge and expertise in design, sales, sourcing, distribution and marketing – all with dedicated and strategic direction for each brand within the portfolio, which includes GUESS, G by Guess, Tommy Hilfiger, Tretorn, Kendall + Kylie, Ivanka Trump, indigo rd., Unisa, Easy Spirit, and Sigerson Morrison along with the namesake brands – Marc Fisher and Marc Fisher LTD. Our diverse portfolio of globally recognized brands – available domestically and internationally via wholesale and retail channels – consistently meets the widest range of consumers’ fashion footwear needs, from classic to contemporary, sport to dress, men’s to women’s. Headquartered in Greenwich, Connecticut, with showrooms in New York City, Marc Fisher Footwear is sold worldwide through department stores, specialty stores and e-commerce channels.
- Research street style, fashion blogs and social media
- Create trend boards for current and future trends
- Assisting product managers in Photoshop and Illustrator programs
- Learn aspects of Product Development, from concept to production
- General labeling, filing and organization of materials and paperwork
- Work one on one with designers to see how they source materials, pick out pallets and spec shoes
- Assisting Fashion Director with trend forecasting (checking fashion blogs, monthly magazines, in store shoe trends, etc)
- Pulling fabrics, prints, and ornaments from B&J Fabrics and M&J trimmings
- Research through fashion blogs and fashion magazines daily
- Trend research shopping in NYC
- Candidates must be energetic, self-motivated and a quick learner.
- Ability to multi-task, makes independent decisions, prioritize workload and work cohesively in a team based environment.
- Must be able to take direction well and work independently when needed.
- Must have sufficient knowledge of adobe software (photoshop, illustrator, indesign)
- Well versed in social media (particularly instagram)
To Apply: Please send your resume to Julia.Fortuna@fisherfootwear.com, subject line Product Development Internship.