Nylon Consulting is a boutique public relations firm based in New York City that works with luxury brands in the US, UK, Europe and Canada in the lifestyle industry with a strong focus on interiors and design. The company represents both interior designers and product designers across industries including furniture, wallpaper, rugs and lighting. We work with some of the most respected market leaders in design and have handled partnerships and collaborations for our clients with The Met Gala, Anthropologie, Williams Sonoma and fashion brands like Aquazurra, Adam Lippes and Bergdorf Goodman.
We are looking for an Assistant Account Executive (AAE) to work with our team to help further the communications goals for each client by keeping the team on track for each client’s deliverables and supporting the day to day running of various PR campaigns.
The AAE will be responsible for the following:
- Supporting the company founder and Account Supervisor on half of the agency’s accounts to help with incoming media requests
- Pitching stories to digital and social media outlets
- Keeping track of editorial calendars and ensuring each person is up to date on what industry titles are working on
- Assisting with content sourcing for social media on certain accounts
- Keeping track of the master contact list and ensuring media contacts are up to date
- Handling all client press clippings and supporting the team on monthly reports
- Building media lists for pitches
- Researching outlets and writers for various story ideas
- Event support when needed
The ideal candidate will have 1 - 3 years of experience and will have worked in PR, either in house or at an agency. They will be looking to grow into a role that not only supports the team on current client work but that develops their own ideas for ways to further each brand’s success. We are looking for a self motivated, engaging individual who wants to get in early to a fast growing company and learn the business of PR while growing into a larger role with time.
- Proven ability to think both strategically and creatively.
- Desire for autonomy – this is a small agency with a lot of work and we are looking for someone who thrives at owning projects and can take initiative to get the job done.
- Great writer – writing skills are mandatory for pitches and social media posting. You will need to understand angle, voice and perspective.
- Interest in or knowledge of media - if you do not read about what is going on in the world around you, you can’t work in public relations.
- Comfortable with and active in the social media world - a passion for social media is a plus, particularly Instagram and Pinterest
- Must be proficient on word processing programs such as Word, Excel and KeyNote. Great if you have an understanding of PhotoShop.
- Ideal candidate will be interested in home design
To Apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com, subject line AAE.