Your Small Girls adventure starts here…
Small Girls PR is a creatively-driven media relations, influencer and experiential agency championing a personal approach to public relations. We’ve never mass BCC’d, we don’t issue press releases and we’ve only used a wire once when we were forced to by pirates.
Our clients range from Fortune 100s to challenger startups. We’ve handled mergers for GE, landed Outdoor Voices first magazine covers, launched and rolled out Hinge globally, and produced Sweetgreen’s infamous block party festivals. We’ve doubled in size year over year which makes this a good fit for entrepreneurial spirits and storytellers who believe PR is more than just press.
“One of the most successful boutique PR agencies” - BuzzFeed
“The team consistently produces clever PR campaigns that draw attention from major media outlets” - Forbes
How you’ll make an impact:
- Due to a client win, this new role will give you a rare opportunity to be in an in-house, agency hybrid dedicated to leading the creative PR efforts for a globally-recognized beauty brand
- As a creative strategist and leader of this account, you’ll oversee the larger team’s effort to surprise and delight new and current audiences through novel campaign concepts, stunts, newsjacking, and out-of-the-box product launch strategies – all while keeping an ‘always on’ approach with editors
- Take full ownership of the team’s budget and scopes - overseeing everything from submitting estimates to tracking, managing and ensuring delivery, working alongside our Accounts Receivables team
- You will manage the day-to-day work as well as longer-term professional development of 3+ direct reports as well as oversee the integration of our wider activations team of 6-10 additional team members
- You will be at the forefront of high-level media strategy, brand messaging, and high stakes comms
Why we’ll love you:
- You have 8-10 years of directly relevant experience
- You have worked specifically in beauty communications, representing cosmetics brands
- Expert in managing billable hours
- As a bonus, you’re familiar with Fortune 500 landscape (whether opening up PO’s or navigating interagency organization for massive global projects)
- You’ve overseen a large team and have been dedicated to their development and growth
Why you’ll love us:
- A strong culture: We have a dog friendly office, a committee dedicated to weekly celebrations and quarterly outings, intramural leagues, a book club, a penchant for karaoke and we’ve even taken our staff on company-wide vacations overseas.
- We invest in you: We give you a 3% 401k contribution whether you decide to contribute or not, and we cover 100% of the costs for at least one of our health plans in addition to contributing towards your dental, vision, data plan coverage and daily commute.
- Atypical Time: PTO is in addition to Summer Fridays and time off for Unsick Days dedicated to preventative care
- Professional growth: We double year over year, so we want employees hungry for advancement, which is why we have a networking budget set aside to give you an opportunity to connect with new contacts, program monthly Small Girls University classes where we bring in media and experts to teach sessions in our offices, have dedicated 1 on 1s with your Manager every week and reimburse professional development when relevant to a role (from InDesign to public speaking).
If this sounds like you, then apply here!
We are a diverse and high performing company that is dedicated to creating an inspiring workplace for all. It is the policy of Small Girls PR to provide equal opportunities to all qualified persons, and to recruit, hire, train, promote, and compensate persons in all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.