Foundation is a digital-first agency based in NYC. We provide communications strategy and talent management for the industry’s best brands and influencers. Our current client roster includes Michelle Phan, Hourglass Cosmetics, Chriselle Lim, Eric Buterbaugh Fragrances, Flesh, NatureLab and many more.
Foundation offers a unique opportunity for interns to gain hands-on experience, practical knowledge, and professional exposure to both traditional and digital PR. Our goal is to provide our interns with a valuable, fun experience that can be integrated into future endeavors.
The ideal intern is influencer savvy — you know who’s who amongst the fashion, beauty, YouTube, lifestyle sectors, and are continuously scrolling YouTube, Instagram, blogs, etc. Bonus if you’re on the pulse of upcoming platforms, and can spot digital trends / digital consumer behavior. Candidates need to have strong communication and writing skills and maintain professionalism with clients, press, and coworkers across a variety of circumstances (events, meetings, and daily office environments). Interns will be provided one-on-one mentorship with Foundation team members and walk away with a robust portfolio of work.
- All applicants must be available a minimum of 2-3 full days per week
- Must be a college student currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in public relations, communication, journalism, marketing and/or business is preferred
- Must be able to receive school credit
- Have a strong interest in the digital space, especially as it pertains to influencers and social media
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Intrinsically understands how to work fast but efficiently, and can easily prioritize a vast to-do list
- Enthusiastic, motivated and happy! We are a small team and looking for someone who has a positive attitude and is ready to dive into multiple projects at once
- Regular team outings
- Unlimited METROcard
- Of course, beauty products!
How to Apply:
- Please email a resume and short note of interest to email@example.com
- Your email should include some background on your interest in public relations/communications, relevant coursework, prior internship experience + answer following questions:
o Who do you follow on social media – give five examples
o What are three .com sites you visit regularly?
o What are your favorite beauty brands (makeup, nails, hair, skincare, tools, etc.) and why?
o List your Instagram handle (no private accounts!)