At inkbox, we’re building a global tattoo brand that's focused on giving people confidence through self-expression and creativity. We launched 3 years ago with our proprietary semi-permanent tattoo. Today we have an artist marketplace with over 70 artists selling their own tattoo designs, a custom platform that allows customers to create their own tattoos, and a storefront. We’re proud to have shipped over half a million units to customers in over 150 countries through our vertically integrated headquarters here in Toronto. We’re part tech company, part beauty brand, part manufacturing facility, and 100% unique. You won’t find a company like us.
As we continue to expand our product offerings and shift to an omni-channel model, we’re looking for a Brand Director to direct and oversee a coherent brand message across all customer touchpoints. We believe a brand is a way of making sense of the world. It’ll be you job to make inkbox make sense to consumers.
- Researching and developing brand, retail and category strategy.
- Translating brand strategies into brand plans, brand positioning and go-to-market strategies.
- Sourcing and directing brand collaborations that adhere to inkbox’s core values and drive a positive ROI for the company.
- Directing growth, content, and product teams to continuously integrate consistent brand messaging across all touchpoints in the customer journey (social, ads, website, email, retail, etc.)
- Working with brand activations team to conceptualize and lead design of spaces so that they adhere to brand voice.
- Maintaining keen awareness of emerging trends in tech, business, consumer behavior, product development, and marketing.
Skills and Experience
- 2-4 years experience in a brand or marketing leadership role in the consumer space - preferably in fashion, music, or beauty. Having worked for a media property is a plus.
- An eye for the aesthetic and unquantifiable things in culture.
- Intellectual curiosity, creativity, and a drive to always improve.
- A self-starter who’s committed and highly motivated in delivering and implementing commercial and brand strategy
- A keen awareness of the changing elements within the design, lifestyle, and retail markets.
- A strong network in the beauty, fashion, or music spaces.
- Equity in one of the fastest growing startups in Canada.
- Full health coverage through our Sun Life Financial plan.
- A wide variety of healthy snacks in the office.
- Free Nespresso.
- An awesome location in the heart of Toronto’s entertainment district.
- A great team culture with local company trips, board game nights, and sports teams (we currently have 60 employees).
- In-house tattoo studio.
- $500 yearly stipend towards tattoos. Basically, we pay you to get tattoos.
- 2-4 office doggos!
We believe in a work culture that operates with absolute honesty and transparency. We only hire team members who show integrity and confidence, devoid of ego, and who enjoy working with others towards a shared purpose. We believe that where there’s a will there’s a way, and you get there by exploring problems creatively and executing on them with competency and diligence. The founders of inkbox take great strides to ensure that the team is finding fulfillment in their work. If this sounds like a good fit to you then please reach out! If not...well you know.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line Brand Director.