At inkbox, we’re building a global tattoo brand that's focused on giving people confidence through self-expression and creativity. We launched 3 years ago with our proprietary semi-permanent tattoo. Today we have an artist marketplace with over 70 artists selling their own tattoo designs, a custom platform that allows customers to create their own tattoos, and a storefront. We’re proud to have shipped over half a million units to customers in over 150 countries through our vertically integrated headquarters here in Toronto. We’re part tech company, part beauty brand, part manufacturing facility, and 100% unique. You won’t find a company like us.
As a vertically integrated consumer brand we have a lot of moving parts. To date, the CEO, CFO, and Engineering Lead have been handling COO duties, but to take inkbox to the next-level we require specific expertise.
We’re looking for an analytical and driven COO to plan and support our ambitious growth plans.
- Managing all operations to achieve sustainable growth for the company.
- Implementing optimized and scalable backend systems and processes to support growth.
- Leading development of efficiencies to drop product cost and improve fulfillment speed.
- Shoring up organizational structure for supply chain, manufacturing, fulfillment, and customer service.
- Leading finance and growth teams on strategic planning.
- Working with director of R&D to integrate new product offerings into existing operations processes.
- Establishing and maintaining operating procedures which support the production and distribution of consistently safe, high quality products.
- Leading, motivating and developing team members to ensure resources are in place and operating effectively to meet business goals.
Skills and Experience
- 8 to 10 years experience in operations management
- Managed a supply chain of company doing at-least $20m in revenue, preferably a consumer packaged good.
- Intellectual curiosity, creativity, and a drive to always improve.
- Numerical and analytical competencies. You know your way around a P&L and excel at Excel.
- Highly strategic thinker.
- A maniacal focus on quality
- Equity in one of the fastest growing startups in Canada.
- Full health coverage through our Sun Life Financial plan.
- A wide variety of healthy snacks in the office.
- Free Nespresso.
- An awesome location in the heart of Toronto's entertainment district.
- A great team culture with local company trips, board game nights, and sports teams (we currently have 60 employees).
- In-house tattoo studio.
- $500 yearly stipend towards tattoos. Basically, we pay you to get tattoos.
- 2-4 office doggos!
We believe in a work culture that operates with absolute honesty and transparency. We only hire team members who show integrity and confidence, devoid of ego, and who enjoy working with others towards a shared purpose. We believe that where there’s a will there’s a way, and you get there by exploring problems creatively and executing on them with competency and diligence. The founders of inkbox take great strides to ensure that the team is finding fulfillment in their work. If this sounds like a good fit to you then please reach out! If not...well you know.
To Apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com, subject line COO.