At inkbox, we’re building a global tattoo brand that's focused on giving people confidence through self-expression and creativity. We launched 3 years ago with our proprietary semi-permanent tattoo. Today we have an artist marketplace with over 70 artists selling their own tattoo designs, a custom platform that allows customers to create their own tattoos, and a storefront. We’re proud to have shipped over half a million units to customers in over 150 countries through our vertically integrated headquarters here in Toronto. We’re part tech company, part beauty brand, part manufacturing facility, and 100% unique. You won’t find a company like us.
We’re looking for a PR Manager to aide our marketing and growth teams in generating outsized returns on earned media. Working directly under the CEO and President you will plan and execute press pushes alongside company milestones, campaigns, and write timely thought leadership on consumer, tech, and beauty. People already talk about our brand on social channels (check out #inkbox on Instagram), it'll be your job to make sure the media is talking about us too.
This is all part of our 3 year mission to make temporary tattoos cool by programming them into culture. inkboxes are the ultimate identity good. We believe by weaving fashion, culture, and entertainment into our ecosystem, we will change people’s behaviour around tattoos - taking them from a permanent reminder to something more fluid: a tattoo that changes as you do.
- Provide input into the crafting of marketing/brand campaigns and advising on ways they can be leveraged for earned media.
- Developing press roadmaps alongside marketing and brand collaboration roadmaps.
- Executing on press outreach campaigns by drafting copy and engaging with reporters.
- Tracking success of press outreach with our data analytics suite (Google Analytics, Looker, etc).
- Submitting inkbox to various tech, beauty, and fashion industry awards.
- Occasionally working with 3rd party agencies to direct earned media campaigns.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 2+ years in consumer or lifestyle PR.
- Comprehensive understanding of Google Analytics and SEO
- Strong writing skills. Must be able to write thought leadership pieces on behalf of the founders.
- Finger close to the pulse of culture, so much so that it's an inclination.
- Intellectual curiosity, creativity, and a drive to always improve.
Benefits- Equity in one of the fastest growing startups in Canada.
- Equity in one of the fastest growing startups in Canada.
- Full health coverage through our Sun Life Financial plan.
- A wide variety of healthy snacks in the office.
- Free Nespresso.
- An awesome location at the corner of King & Spadina.
- A great team culture with local company trips, board game nights, and sports teams (we currently have 60 employees).
- In-house tattoo studio.
- $500 yearly stipend towards tattoos. Basically, we pay you to get tattoos.
- 2-4 office doggos!
We believe in a work culture that operates with absolute honesty and transparency. We only hire team members who show integrity and confidence, devoid of ego, and who enjoy working with others towards a shared purpose. We believe that where there’s a will there’s a way, and you get there by exploring problems creatively and executing on them with competency and diligence. The founders of inkbox take great strides to ensure that the team is finding fulfillment in their work. If this sounds like a good fit to you then please reach out! If not...well you know.
To Apply: Please email your resume to email@example.com, subject line PR Manager.