JBC was launched in January 2014 to bring a more thoughtful approach to Public Relations. We craft meaningful narratives and devise dynamic, results-driven strategies that ultimately drive growth and scale for our partners. We are a media relations agency approaching PR in a way that speaks to consumers, investors, and the industry as a whole to secure market share and a defining foothold within our brands’ respective categories.
Since our launch, JBC continues to effectively cater to the unique needs of fast-growing start-ups and uniquely competitive brands who are addressing the evolving consumer market. We tell stories across all media platforms, consumer and business, for our partners in industries spanning fashion, beauty, health & wellness, CPG, food/beverage, technology and home.
Position Reports to: Senior Client Manager
Position Overview: PR Assistant executes day-to-day public relations efforts as assigned by managers. This includes brainstorming creative pitch angles, pitching + securing product placements, building and maintaining media lists, and more.
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive media lists
- Brainstorming new, creative pitches and brand building opportunities for clients
- Pitching and securing product placements, feature stories, and brand stories on national and regional level across online, print, broadcast and podcast media
- Drafting call/meeting agendas and sending action items following each call
- Coordinate sample trafficking for all clients including in-bound sample requests, gifting and returns
- Track media placements for all clients
- Assist with administrative tasks including calendar management, asset management, and product inventory
- Spearhead monthly client reporting
- Internship Program:
○ Work with Office Manager and Senior team to determine intern needs and to-dos
- Work from Home Policy
- Summer Fridays: Team members can leave the office at 1:30PM
- Holiday Time Off: Memorial Day, Labor Day, Christmas to New Years day off
- Flex Days: MLK Day, Presidents Day
Job Type: Full-Time
Experience: At least 1 year PR internship
Job Location: New York, NY
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line PR Assistant.