malia here to give you an idea of who we are, what this opportunity is about and the kind of skills we're looking for.
WHO WE ARE
- malia mills was established in 1993 -- we are a sister-owned, independent, self-financed entrepreneurial business with a small but mighty team. we are the house of hell yes!
- our mission, mantra and driving force is love thy differences. we are by women, for women and about women. check out www.maliamills.com for more...
- we have 5 stores in new york, 4 stores in california, our online store and a kickass headquarters in brooklyn, ny.
- our stores are small, dynamic spaces where we take pride in celebrating the feminine fierce with our luxurious made in america bra-sized swimwear separates and ready to wear. we also sell beautiful products from other designers we admire.
- our stores are inviting gathering places where we share our passion for feminism and progressive fashion as well as our knowledge of innovative design and style. we rock our mavens world with attention to details and tons of good chi.
OPPORTUNITY + SKILLS
- at malia mills our managers are trained to take ownership of running a small business within our small business. you will build and nurture your team, as well as connect with and wow our mavens to grow our business and the contributions we make to our community. we want you to think like an entrepreneur. we will coach you along the way.
- you will work closely with all members of our team -- from my sister carol and me to our planners and buyers, design and production team, marketing and social squad, and our other store teams.
- you'll engage with all aspects of our company -- luxe fashion, personalized hospitality, small business, education beyond the classroom and local philanthropy.
- we hire for a hell yes attitude and we coach and train skills. confident and curious, bright eyed and social, pro-active and coachable, collaborative with a can do spirit -- these are the traits we're looking for.
- for sure you'll need to embrace the operational side of the job like organization and problem solving. as well as the DIY side like dusting, changing light bulbs and learning to use a power drill. on a scale of 1 to 5 we're looking for computer skills of 3 or better.
- there will be goal setting and milestone making. building relationships and nurturing mavens. giving good chi and going the extra mile.
HELL YES - CONTACT US
- if you are eager to contribute, hungry to learn and ready to roll up your sleeves to grow our business and give back to our community we'd love to hear from you.
- the starting salary for this position is darn close to the average for a store manager in each city.
- email your resume to email@example.com and be sure to include a cover letter outlining why you'd like to join our team, what you'd like to contribute and what you would like to learn.