Looking for a bright and sparkling new role?
Mejuri is looking for a naturally charismatic leader with exceptional service and sales acumen to be their new General Manager and Market Lead in New York City. You will drive the growth of Mejuri in our newest market; New York City and be a key part of opening our first US showroom. You will develop a retail environment that is deeply focused on our clients and set the foundation for our sales culture. You are passionate about people management and recognize that getting the best from your teams requires leading by example. You are obsessed with every detail when it comes the customer journey and excel in data-driven decision making.
Mejuri is one of the fastest growing global digital brands and one of the world’s fastest growing e-commerce companies. The world of retail is changing and we have created a digital-first brand that connects with the new generation and makes it easy and affordable to own fine jewelry. We focus on perfecting every customer touchpoint, creating the best digital and offline experiences and content that is conversational and engaging. We are a team of designers, writers, technologists, and strategists, and we are looking for someone special to join our team and help us make luxury fun and accessible.
Mejuri is venture backed and was part of one of the top accelerators in the world (500 startups). The work environment is exciting, fast-paced, and always evolving.
Mejuri, the Canadian-based e-commerce fine jewelry brand, redefines personal jewelry decisions” - Forbes
“Mejuri empowers women to buy diamonds for themselves.” - FastCompany
What you’ll be working on:
- Creating a customer experience that focuses on building relationships through the connection and relation of our brand and brand values
- Evangelizing the Mejuri mission of empowering women to buy diamonds for themselves
- Increasing customer awareness about Mejuri in New York City and the US
- Protecting and enhancing the Mejuri omnichannel customer journey
- Hosting and conceptualizing in-store activations and partnerships that speak to our community and enhance the customer experience
- Being the voice of the customer, ensuring insights and opportunities to improve brand, product and services are communicated back to Mejuri HQ
Building a Team
- Recruit, retain and develop a unique talent pool through continuous daily networking and interviewing prospective candidates
- Develop, coach, and mentor a world-class service-minded and high performing team
- Foster an inspiring environment of engagement and learning, empowering team members to realize their full potential
- Maintain performance culture of ownership, continuous improvement and goal achievement
- Build and promote strong collaborative relationships in your market and HQ
Our bright and shiny candidate has…
- 3+ years minimum experience as a people leader in a retail, sales or customer service
- Understanding of local market challenges and requirements relevant to new store openings
- Financial management experience with success in driving top-line sales, interpreting reporting data, managing payroll budgets, and controlling expenses
- Exceptional leadership capabilities with a track record of attracting, developing, and motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change, and leading others through the fast-paced environments
- Demonstrated understanding of service excellence in a consumer environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Deep local knowledge and a vast network of contacts in New York City. You’re on top of trends in retail, you’re well connected, and you know how to navigate and grow your network to get the introductions you need
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment –youunderstand the importance of experimentation and iteration
- Bonus: you’ve opened a store from scratch
- Bonus: you’ve worked at a start-up or fast-growing company
Sound like you? Please apply right here, we can't wait to meet you!