Founded in 2008, mini mioche (pronounced mee-osh) is a leading children’s apparel manufacturer and retailer based in Toronto, Canada. All mini mioche clothing is made ethically and locally from GOTS organic cotton. The mini mioche brand specializes in creating simple, high-quality, gender-neutral fashion basics for babies and kids. mini mioche was recently ranked number 92 on the Canadian Business/Profit 500 list of Canada’s fastest growing companies.
We are currently recruiting a highly capable Store Manager with a passion and an energy for retail, to work in our new Pacific Palisades location in Los Angeles. This individual’s “roll up their sleeves” attitude with a focus on exceptional customer experience, will make them a valued member of our growing team. Mini mioche offers a vibrant workplace with potential career growth and advancement if desired.
The Store Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Palisades Village store, as well as team hiring, training & ongoing development. The successful candidate will be critical in driving and maintaining a best-in-class standard as it pertains to our in-store experience and our approach to customer service.
We seek team members who are ambitious, honest, fun, filled with ideas, self-motivated, optimistic and who enjoy working in a collaborative work environment. We are looking for an individual who is excited to work for a market leader in ethical children’s apparel and someone who wants to be a part of our continuing story of growth.
- Hire and train store team members and provide ongoing team development and coaching through our company core values
- Be a mini mioche company and product expert and share that knowledge with customers and team members
- Contribute to the overall company goals and efforts through the accomplishment of sales and budget targets
- Assist with putting together monthly/daily store sales goals
- Ensure stores are beautifully merchandised, clean, well-stocked and well-maintained
- Put together the store schedule and distribute to team members in a timely manner
- Maximize store profitability by effectively managing the store and staffing costs
- Order store supplies as needed
- Work closely with head office in the planning and execution of in-store events, staff meetings, promotions etc.
- Assist with social media management
- Represent the mini mioche brand with pride
- A passion and enthusiasm for mini mioche
- A minimum of 1 year of retail management experience (or equivalent)
- An ability to inspire, lead and motivate a team
- Experience working with children (preferred)
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a drive to build business in new markets
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word, and Google Docs/Sheets/Drive
- Basic accounting skills and cash-handling experience (preferred)
- Ability to develop positive and lasting customer relationships
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service and lead by example
- Strong communication, organizational and time management skills
- Experience in visual merchandising and maintaining high store standards
- Ability to multi-task effectively and a keen eye for detail
- An optimistic outlook and positive attitude
- Fluency in a second language is an asset
What we offer:
- A healthy, supportive, positive, independent work environment
- Competitive salary
- Bonus opportunities
- Fabulous staff discounts
- Continued opportunity for learning and development
- Reporting to the Retail Manager and company President
How to apply:
We thank all candidates for their time and interest in working with mini mioche, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. To apply, please email your resume in Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing “LA Retail Opportunities” in the subject line.
Please note that we will provide accommodation during the selection process to applicants upon request.
mini mioche is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of mini mioche Retail Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our team members and provide all other conditions of employment including company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.