Paul Wilmot Communications is looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Fashion Director to join its expanding Fashion team, which works in both men’s and women’s fashion and luxury watch and accessories brands. This dynamic position will partner with some of the firm’s largest clients and work to achieve successful, high impact programs and placements and excellent client satisfaction.
Paul Wilmot Communications was established in 1997 in New York City. Over the course of the last 20 years, the agency has produced a significant public relations track record drawing from the highest profile fashion houses, prestige beauty brands, global consumer brands, retailers, and luxury lifestyle clientele. By cross-promoting within our divisions, PWC offers our clients access to new markets, thought leadership and increased visibility.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess a breadth of experience across men’s and women’s fashion and accessories clientele, with a minimum of 8 years of experience in this area. They will have a successful track record on brand launches, product placement, securing executive profiles, executing product launches and large scale events, and managing and mentoring junior staff.
- Oversee and implement impactful integrated communications strategies on behalf of clients, including comprehensive press campaigns, features, product reviews, compelling digital and influencer activations; and out of the box ideas for partnerships and content creation
- Lead agency’s relationships with the Editors-in-Chief at targeted media outlets in addition to Fashion Directors
- Expert in fashion industry as a whole; offering competitive insights on other brands outside of the clientele
- Primary liaison with client’s Senior PR & Marketing staff
- Responsible for quarterly planning for client campaigns and launches
- Supervise all divisional activities, communications, internal and external issues and relations, workload, event staffing, etc.
- Supervise / review all client relation documents (including public relations plans, status reporting, meeting agendas / recaps, event coordination, press communications)
- Proactively seek positive editorial and feature placements; work with division to brainstorm additional media activities, ensure activities executed and followed up accordingly
- Conceptualize creative influencer and press mailers
- Cultivate and maintain a strategic network of micro and established beauty and wellness influencers
- Liaise with broadcast and digital teams on meeting client deliverables
- Review and approve budgets with client
- Act as liaison between the Partners and clients for all account issues / problems
- Act as liaison between division and Partners re: agency concerns, staffing problems
- Act as a positive role model by providing professional guidance and support to junior staff members
- Identify and recruit new talent as necessary
- 8 years of experience in an agency or corporate setting. Experience with a fashion/watches/accessories focus is desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related degree is required
- Proved ability to set and shift priorities according to client and agency demand – flexibility on assignments and scope of work
- Skilled communicator with a deep foundation of experience in building and maintaining editor relationships
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to work as a part of a team in the development of programs and presentations
- Results oriented approach and commitment to client service
- Willingness to take ownership, attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and high profile clients.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.