We are a New York City-based, venture-backed startup with extensive executive expertise. Join our creative and strategic team working to develop a scalable e-commerce system that powers a business with massive market opportunity. This team cultivates a culture of learning and continuous improvement by investing in automated testing, learning from real-world problems, and immediately adapting.
We value fun, simplicity, and teamwork.
About the position
We’re looking for a Fashion Apparel Designer for our growing company. This is a rare opportunity for a talented, eager, & committed designer to experience all product categories, and have a creative influence on a young brand. Working in a fast paced & evolving environment, alongside the Sr Designer, this designer will look trend-forward, to the women’s, active- & street-wear markets to inspire styles that cool girls can’t find anywhere else.
What you’ll do...
- Work closely with Sr Designer & Graphic/Print designer to formulate design concepts for all Girls product categories, including: knits, wovens, sweaters, denim, swim, sleep & cold weather accessories. Some experience in Knits preferred.
- Create color stories and develop exciting, trend-right fabrics, prints, and silhouettes.
- Create & update garment sketches, tech packs, BOMs, and linesheets.
- Constantly research of market & runway trends, as it relates to the brand. Constant eye for newness, and ability to translate trends into brand-right & price-right garments.
Who you are...
- Have a strong sensibility for surface print & graphics, an ability to conceptualize a whole, finished garment & ideate all of its components to Design & Production.
- Understanding of garment construction & appropriate use of fabrics, particularly cut/sew knits.
- Work with internal Production partner to track & comment on submits in a timely manner, for excellent outcome. Experience communicating directly with factories preferred.
- Work with Tech designer to fit & perfect all styles.
- Manage multiple projects & seasons at once. Awareness of deadlines & commitment to keep them. Responsible for communicating needs & progress to Sr Designer at every step of design process. Willingness to learn, compromise, & redirect when needed; be part of a team.
- Lead prep for meetings & presentations, including creation & set-up of boards, racks, & decks.
Other Requirements and Considerations:
- Must have 3-5 years experience in Women’s apparel market (Kid’s market experience not required)
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite—Ability to create technical sketches in Adobe Illustrator
- Strong hand sketching ability required.
- Must send relevant work samples or portfolio link to be considered.