The Production Manager is responsible for the end to end production of all Special Orders received from the assigned direct to consumer channels. This very detailed oriented role entails keeping track of a large number of simultaneous orders, tracking all operations in the system, and delivering pieces of the highest quality, on time.
Precision and proactive communication are the pillars to success in this role.
- Receive and confirm orders from the assigned direct-to-consumer Sales Channels and put into production, ensuring orders are processed within 48 hrs of receipt
- Track each piece through the production process, entering its current status in the system, from receipt through to completion and delivery
- Communicate with network of vendors on all product and production needs and act as a liaison between vendors and office
- Work closely with Production Director to ensure the delivery of the highest quality of Product
- Make runs between vendors to pick up/drop off pieces as needed through the Production Process
- Ensure all invoices are correct and tracked properly
- Deliver finished pieces to store downtown
- Accurately track consumption of melee and findings in the system
- Ensure timely delivery of all orders, meeting (or beating) deadlines
- Proactively communicate with Sales team on timelines and production updates
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the Brand aesthetic, delivering error free pieces, to the client’s exact specifications.
- Perform quality control of all pieces, from both a structural and aesthetic perspective
- Other Assist Production Director as needed
- Assist with Repairs as needed
- Stay abreast of industry best practices
- Continuously propose improvements to streamline company workflows
- Maintain Production Department protocols, tracking documents and To Do’s as needed
- Contribute to departmental projects as needed
- Passionate about bespoke and ethically sourced fine jewelry.
- Self directed and efficient.
- Very detail oriented
- Comfortable working independently as well as with a team.
- Reliable and dependable
- Strong understanding of jewelry production
- Familiarity with NYC diamond district a huge plus
- Computer savvy
- Approachable, relatable and friendly
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Organized – prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently, set goals and objectives
- Adaptable - adapt to changes in the work environment
- Preferred Experience: 1-2 Years related work
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, with the subject “Production Manager”