The ideal candidate will have 4 – 6 years of experience and a Bachelor’s degree in PR, Communications, or Journalism. Responsible for 6-8 accounts inclusive of high level clients. Primary client contact with the proven ability to manage and drive multiple client account initiatives, while delivering strong and targeted press coverage and well thought out strategies and comprehensive PR plans.
The Account Manager role is driven by a team member’s ability to garner consistent product placement cross-channel in an efficient and systematic manner.
Proficiency in this role is foundationally driven by strong media relations on and offline and the ability to develop pertinent and thoughtful industry relationships that can drive event attendance and coverage within media markets.
An Account Manager owns their accounts in regards to product placement and will work on more elevated clients than an Associate Account Manager.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Ability to handle high-level clients
- Ability to lead meetings and conference calls
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple assignments and changing priorities
- Ability to work independently, meeting goals and deadlines with minimal-moderate supervision
- Advise clients on brand positioning and messaging
- Brainstorm with clients
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement of leadership skills
- Compelling presenter and public speaker
- Consistently secure quality and targeted media coverage with both item and brand attribution placements (in book: expert attribution, quotes, news items; online: designer bio placement, behind-the-scenes items in addition to expert attribution, quotes, news items)
- Convey authority to client, communicate in elevated educational manner
- Display exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Draft and execute strategy
- Gain and maintain client confidence in ability to both execute and anticipate issues requiring strategic input
- Keep on track with the strategy to ensure our efforts and press plan remain aligned
- Maintain excellent media relationships with writers and market directors
- Multitask across multiple client accounts and projects under deadline
- Plan, develop and advise clients on integrated and measurable PR programs
- Show proactivity, resourcefulness and tenacity in problem solving
- Weekly and monthly client reporting
- Mentor entry to mid-level team members
- Report directly to Director
- Attend industry events on behalf of Bollare Communication to increase Bollare presence at key events
- Communicate with and provide positive feedback to Bollare clients via Facebook and Twitter
- Engage with both the LA and NYC office as a team player
- Handle all aspects of job at a highly sophisticated image level including social media channels
- Participate in Bollare Communications social media network
To apply, please send resumes to Melissa@bollare.com with Editorial Account Manager Application in subject line.