With an innovative approach to luxury, marries clean, classic shapes with fresh, feminine modernity and a playful sense of wit. Bold colors, unexpected trims and high-quality materials are the signature elements that define the collection every season.
In 1998, after a bad haircut, Eugenia created a feathered cloche to wear as a disguise. Boutiques in her downtown New York City neighborhood immediately took notice of the inventive design, and soon after, Barneys New York placed their first order. As a result, the Eugenia Kim brand was born.
Eugenia Kim quickly became fashion’s go-to headwear brand, being featured on the covers of top publications including VOGUE and W Magazine, and on-screen in blockbuster films such as Zoolander and The Beguiled. Celebrities Beyoncé, Jennifer Lopez, Madonna, Gwen Stefani and countless others also took notice, choosing the brand for red-carpet appearances, headwear for concert costumes and to offer a stylish way to shield their faces from paparazzi.
Launched as a millinery collection, the brand has since expanded its offering into other categories of soft accessories, including a diffusion line, Genie by Eugenia Kim. In 2004, Eugenia introduced her highly coveted footwear collection, which was later re-launched in 2014, and followed with an expansion into bags in 2017.
Headquartered and handmade in her New York City studio, Eugenia Kim is sold at luxury retailers such as Bergdorf Goodman, Barneys New York, Harvey Nichols, Net-a-Porter and Saks Fifth Avenue, in addition to over 300 other department stores and specialty boutiques worldwide.
Eugenia has been awarded the honor of Accessories Designer of the Year by the CFDA.
We are looking for a full-time paid intern (5 days a week) for 3 months that has already graduated. The intern will be assisting the team in all areas so this is a wonderful opportunity to learn about working for a luxury wholesale fashion company. This position requires a high energy go-getter that pays very strong attention to detail.
The intern will work directly alongside our PD Manager and design team as they work on our seasonal collections as well as on one-of-a-kind pieces for press and celebrities. There are many opportunities for a self-motivated intern to handle a variety of projects and to learn a wide range of skills.
Please note: There is a strong possibility for this internship to turn into a full-time position after 3 months.
- Contribute ideas and creative input for all product categories under the umbrella of Eugenia Kim, Inc. from research to idea generation to sample production. Research and help develop trends and ideas
- Directly reporting to both the Product Development Manager and Head Designer
- Assist with the administrative needs of the Product Development/Design department.
- Assist in communication with domestic and overseas factories, and fabric and trim mills throughout the design and development process.
- Assist in creating and updating tech packs throughout the design and development process utilizing Photoshop, Illustrator and Excel
- Source fabrics, materials, trims and inspiration from local industry trade shows, showrooms, and the garment district.
- Work hands-on with the in-house sample room and local factories to help relay samples
- Assist Production Department with errands when needed
- Degree in Fashion Design or Accessories Design
- 1-2 internships in Fashion Design, with experience in Accessories and/or the Luxury or High End Contemporary sector a major plus
- Experience with tech packs/CADs
- Strong Photoshop, Illustrator, Excel skills
Candidates must be able to legally work in the US, and able to start immediately.
To Apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line Internship.