Generation Love, a High-end women's contemporary brand that is known for their effortlessly chic, day to knit pieces is seeking a highly creative and talented Assistant Designer. The ideal candidate will work closely with Creative Directors and head designer and must demonstrate knowledge and experience in apparel design concepts, and procedures along with product development. Relies on expertise and good judgment to plan and accomplish key elements to the collection. Must be able flat sketch and hand sketch, and work on Photoshop and Illustrator. Individual must be proactive and resourceful.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Must understand and handle all technical parts of design process
- Use trend intelligence and possess ability to apply knowledge to new collections
- Possess extensive knowledge in garment construction and
- Implement and ensure that design calendar is met
- Communicate with Overseas and Domestic Factories on sample process
- Consistently work on inspiration and ideas for current and following collection
- Have ability to contribute to new prints and new interesting silhouettes
- Identify trends and bring new ideas to the table
- Previous expertise of woven and knit design – embellishment, layout development, and garment construction methods.
- Manage sample process from start to finish
- Spec and create initial technical packages
- Assist with producing mood boards for design presentation
- Create line boards for line presentation
- Assist in sourcing fabric for each season
- Maintain the day-to-day filing and organization tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Degree in fashion design, min of 1-2 years of direct design work experience
- Proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Extensive knowledge in garment construction, fabric construction, and what’s in high-end contemporary marketplace
- Computer literacy
- Strong ability to translate ideas through sketching
- Strong understanding of specking process
- Good understanding of price points and the financial aspect of designing
- Must have high taste level and sense of style with commercial appeal.
- Highly motivated, with positive attitude while working with a sense of urgency
- Keen eye for trend
To Apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com, subject line Assistant Designer.