We here at Inkbox are looking to build a website to do for tattoos what Into the Gloss does for makeup; A friendly, welcoming and hip place for those interested in tattoos to come explore the latest and most expert content on tattoo culture, self-expression and self-care through body art, tattoo education etc. We need an Editor-in-Chief/Content Strategist to help set the course for this media property brand, guiding everything from site look and feel to the content categories we need to write about to appeal to our audience to researching and writing/producing our key launch pieces. We expect the site to draw heavily from, and will need to program and develop content for, how tattoos are an ever-growing part of the beauty, fashion, style and fandom communities. Also looking for our EIC/Content Strategist to identify interesting and valuable partnerships that facilitate content collaborations with other successful media properties in those categories to drive traffic their traffic to us.
- Generate a Content Strategy in keeping with the aims listed above
- Develop or co-develop a large amount of content for launch
- Develop content calendar for post-launch
- Bring on and manage freelancers as needed to develop some parts of the content required for launch and beyond
- Identify key brand and media property collaborations worth exploring
- Advise Inkbox and web design partners on site design and look and feel
- University or College degree in creative writing or similar field
- 3+ years experience as an editor and/or writer at a digital media property, preferably in the fashion or beauty industries
- Experience crafting a media property brand identity
- Experience translating key market and customer data and insights into a concrete content strategy
- Ability to work within a team as well as independently
- Ability to source and manage a team of freelance or staff writers
- Possessing a large network comprised of members of your local or international media communities is a major plus
The right person for this job could be in Toronto, NYC or LA
- Full health coverage through our Sun Life Financial plan.
- A wide variety of healthy snacks in the office.
- Free Nespresso.
- An awesome location in the heart of Toronto's entertainment district.
- A great team culture with local company trips, board game nights, and sports teams (we currently have 75 employees).
- In-house tattoo studio.
- $500 yearly stipend towards tattoos. Basically, we pay you to get tattoos.
- 2-4 office doggos!
To Apply: Please email your resume to email@example.com, subject line EIC.