JBC was launched in January 2014 to bring a more thoughtful approach to Public Relations. We craft meaningful narratives and devise dynamic, results-driven strategies that ultimately drive growth and scale for our partners. We are a media relations agency approaching PR in a way that speaks to consumers, investors, and the industry as a whole to secure market share and a defining foothold within our brands’ respective categories.
Since our launch, JBC continues to effectively cater to the unique needs of fast-growing start-ups and uniquely competitive brands who are addressing the evolving consumer market. We tell stories across all media platforms, consumer and business, for our partners in industries spanning fashion, beauty, health & wellness, CPG, food/beverage, technology and home.
Position Reports to: Managing Director
AVPs execute day-to-day public relations efforts, manage clients on a day-to-day basis as well as manage internal team members empowering them to do their best work. Senior-level staff are also a cheerleader for the agency -- suggesting new initiatives for team building, keeping a positive work environment, and mentor junior level staff -- and has developed strong relationships with both media and clients.
With a roster of dynamic start-up clients, you will lead strategy, craft messaging, and leverage media relationships to create compelling narratives that support client’s vision and mission.
- Developing PR strategies and dynamic pitches to meet client objectives and goals; Goes above and beyond traditional pitching efforts to suggest interesting media activations to support brand objectives
- Strategic planning and execution of outreach plan with little to no changes from Managing Director
- Ensure all teams are meeting client goals and objectives; keep teams on track
- Pitching and securing feature stories, brand stories, etc. on national and regional level across online, print, broadcast and podcast media
- Spearhead thought leadership for clients including tracking conferences, panels, and speaking opportunities and pitching relevant clients
- Updating all client materials and other written materials
- Drafting of press releases as necessary
- Monthly client reporting
- Communicating with clients regularly via email, phone and in person and building strong relationships with clients
- Communicating daily with high-level editors/media
- Managing and mentoring junior and mid-level staff
- Position Goal:
○ Participate in new business opportunities for JBC
○ Support in the drafting of new business proposals
- Work from Home Policy
- Summer Fridays: Team members can leave the office at 1:30PM
- Holiday Time Off: Memorial Day, Labor Day, Christmas to New Years day off
- Flex Days: MLK Day, Presidents Day, Yom Kippur
- 8+ years or relevant experience
- New York, NY