Alix is a fast-growing, women’s contemporary brand based in NYC manufacturing high quality bodysuits and read-to-wear both in the US and China.
We are seeking a strong candidate to manage all production functions; development through bulk shipment to the warehouse.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as primary contact for all production vendors
- Management and execution of pre-production, and production calendar
- Production allocation
- Fit approval process first fits through TOP.
- Costing – negotiating, confirming costs with vendors as well as management of costing reports
- On-time delivery of production
- Trouble-shoot and problem solve as needed
- Sourcing of new suppliers as needed
- Ordering and managing production fabric & trims
- Fabric and trim inventory – monthly reporting
- Managing and scheduling of fittings including notes, pattern corrections
- Review final specs and approved patterns
- Final check and approval of fabrics before going into production
- Manage in-house quality assurance process to ensure all products meet brand’s quality standards.
Skills & Qualifications
- The ideal candidate will have 5-10 years’ experience managing both domestic and import production. They will have hands-on knowledge of pattern making, marking, grading, fittings, cut tickets, quality control and communication with factories.
- Sense of urgency
- Resourceful; Problem solver
- A leader and a team player
- Strong management skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing and growing environment
- Fluency with Microsoft Excel, Apparel Magic
To apply for this position, email HR@alixnyc.com with the subject line: “Production Manager Position”. In the email please include your resume, a cover letter, salary expectation and a brief paragraph explaining why you are the ideal candidate for this position.