JBC was launched in January 2014 to bring a more thoughtful approach to Public Relations. We craft meaningful narratives and devise dynamic, results-driven strategies that ultimately drive growth and scale for our partners. We are a media relations agency approaching PR in a way that speaks to consumers, investors, and the industry as a whole to secure market share and a defining foothold within our brands’ respective categories.
Since our launch, JBC continues to effectively cater to the unique needs of fast-growing start-ups and uniquely competitive brands who are addressing the evolving consumer market. We tell stories across all media platforms, consumer and business, for our partners in industries spanning fashion, beauty, health & wellness, CPG, food/beverage, technology and home.
Position Reports to: Vice President
Director (5+ years or relevant experience) executes day-to-day public relations efforts, as well as manages internal JBC initiatives and activities including company pitching, and has developed strong relationships with both media and clients.
- Developing PR strategies and dynamic pitches to meet client objectives and goals
- Strategic planning and execution of outreach plan
- Initiating new, creative pitches and brand building opportunities
- Pitching and securing feature stories, brand stories, etc. on the national and regional level across online, print, broadcast and podcast media
- Updating all client materials and other written materials
- Drafting of press releases as necessary
- Monthly client reporting
- Communicating with clients regularly via email, phone and in person; building a strong relationship with clients
- Communicating daily with editors/media and continuing to build strong relationships with key editors in business, healthcare, wellness and more
- Ensuring junior team sends all press clippings as they publish or print
- Mentoring junior staff
- JBC brand pitching to relevant media and columns to continue to build the agency’s presence; brainstorming and presenting unique opportunities to continue to elevate JBC’s profile
- Work from Home Policy
- Summer Fridays: Team members can leave the office at 1:30PM
- Holiday Time Off: Memorial Day, Labor Day, Christmas to New Years day off
- Flex Days: MLK Day, Presidents Day
- 5+ years or relevant experience
- New York, NY