Gigi Burris Millinery is a NYC based accessories brand producing luxury hats, head pieces and hand bags. As a finalist in the 2014 CFDA Vogue Fashion Fund Competition and a member of the CFDA, the brand is rapidly growing on an international level. Gigi Burris is distributed at retailers world wide including Bergdorf Goodman, Lane Crawford, Neiman Marcus, and Nordstrom Space. In addition to seasonal collections, the brand has collaborated with brands such as Brother Vellies, Brandon Maxwell, Baja East, Tanya Taylor, and Theory. Press features include American Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, Marie Claire, and Interview Mag and has been seen worn on celebrities such as Bella Hadid, Hailey Baldwin, Taylor Swift, and Rihanna.
Gigi Burris Millinery is hiring an NYC - based Studio Assistant who will focus on maintaining and improving the production of seasonal collections, shipping, and press relationships.
Please send Resume and Cover letter to sales@GigiBurris.com
- Quantify wholesale orders for bulk production each season
- Interact with Midtown and International Vendors to ensure accurate and on-time project and product delivery
- Communicate regularly with vendors to keep projects on time and on budget
- Organize purchase orders into vendor production tickets
- Continue a strong standard of quality control for the Gigi Burris Millinery product
- Place wholesale raw material orders from both local and international vendors
- Pack boxes for wholesale accounts with strong attention to detail surrounding quality and quantity of contents
- Confirm shipping information, transmit packing lists, commercial invoices, and invoices for payment.
- Discerning taste level and interest in luxury craft
- Passion for the Gigi Burris Millinery brand, fashion start ups and local manufacturing
- Eager, self-starter with a positive attitude and an ability to creatively solve
- Attention to detail; Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced and intimate environment
- Professional, organized and responsive with the ability to provide kind customer service and clear communication
- Microsoft office suite / Mac Pages/Numbers literate