WHO WE ARE
- malia mills was established in 1993 -- we are a sister-owned, independent, self-financed entrepreneurial business with a small but mighty team. we are the house of hell yes!
- our mission, mantra and driving force is love thy differences. we are by women, for women and about women. check out www.maliamills.com for more...
- we have 4 stores in new york, 4 stores in california, our online store and our headquarters in brooklyn, ny.
OPPORTUNITY + SKILLS
- our merchandising planner is responsible for the planning, buying and the successful flow of our goods to and from our stores.
- you will execute sales, margin and inventory plans; ensure merchandise selection matches our customer needs and overall brand aesthetic; monitor performance to maximize sell-through and profitability.
- on a scale of 1 to 5 we're looking for computer skills of 5 to run daily reports, evaluate data, create forecasts and identify market trends that impact buying decisions and selling strategies.
- this position reports directly to malia mills and will work closely with our production manager and design team.
- this position also requires managing nitty gritty tasks like receiving, quality control, tagging, distribution and shipping.
- we hire for a hell yes attitude. confident and curious, bright eyed and energetic, pro-active and coachable, driven and collaborative with a can do spirit -- these are the traits we're looking for.
- there will be goal setting and milestone making. building relationships and nurturing mavens. giving good chi and going the extra mile.
- exceptional excel skills
- solid organizational + multi-tasking skills.
- 3-5 years of experience as a merchandise planner
HELL YES - CONTACT US
- if you are eager to contribute, hungry to learn and ready to roll up your sleeves to grow our business and give back to our community we'd love to hear from you.
- this is a full-time position in our "world corporate headquarters" located in the Industry City campus in Brooklyn.
- salary based on experience.
- email your resume to email@example.com and include a cover letter outlining why you'd like to join our team, what you'd like to contribute and what you would like to learn.