Styling firm with high-end client base seeks to grow team of experienced fashion stylists in Manhattan. Firm services top executives who have demanding careers and schedules and look to our stylists to shape and fine-tune their image on an ongoing basis. Training and education is provided to our stylists in order to give clients consistent, high quality service.
This is a part-time position based in Manhattan. Applicant must be available 3 days a week, including one day of the weekend.
As a Personal Stylist, you will be responsible for consulting, assisting, and shopping for clients.
- Conduct introductory meetings with new clients to assess style needs, goals, and challenges
- Service and assist clients by sourcing clothing and accessory options that meet their taste and budget
- Style clients for daily lifestyle utilizing items currently in their wardrobe and new purchases
- Style clients for events, trips, and occasions through in-person appointments and digital look books
- Responsible for keeping track of client appointments, pending client appointments, and follow-up items from previous appointments
- Responsible for own travel and arriving in timely manner for client appointments
- Must keep meticulous detail of clothing inventory, purchases, and returns
- Create trend reports and style inspiration materials for diverse clientele
- Assist in marketing promotions and events
- Maintain timely client communication and correspondence via emails and calls
- Respond to emails in a timely* manner
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of fashion trends, brands, and news
- 2-3+ years experience in the retail and/or fashion industry
- ~1 year experience in a corporate or professional setting
- Must be familiar with technology and have computer and smartphone
- Bachelor's Degree, a must
- Highly professional manner and exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Comfortable with sales and interacting with clients
- Familiarity with fit and style of contemporary brands
- Interest in discovering new and emerging brands to introduce to clients
- Strong initiative and comfortable working independently, without instruction
- Genuine love of everything fashion
- Genuine curiosity to always learn more
- Strong degree of emotional intelligence and social awareness
- Experience working with teams
- Strong computer skills
- Sales experience, a plus
- Exacting eye for detail***
- Client oriented, a must***
Requested Materials for Application:
- Resume and Cover letter
- Link to website/portfolio, if you have
- Links to social media accounts (Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter)
Please include requested links in the body of your email. In your cover letter, please detail your styling/fashion experience, why you are the right fit for this job, and how you stand out as a stylist. In addition, answer the following three questions:
- What are your three favorite brands right now (can be clothing, accessory, and/or shoe) and why?
- What is your favorite moment in fashion history and why?
- What is your current favorite item of clothing in your closet and why?
Please send requested materials to firstname.lastname@example.org