Choosy is a venture capital-backed startup that launched in July 2018, and we are currently growing our team. Choosy is an on-demand social shopping platform where users influence every collection to match their favorite style inspirations. Through social tagging and our Choosy Nation (highly engaged community of fans and followers), Choosy identifies and manufactures trend-driven fashion delivered to shoppers in as little as two weeks. It’s the modern-day equivalent of the ultimate window-shopping experience, creating a new generation of social commerce. All looks are designed and produced in-house, so women can get today’s most covetable looks without the ticket price of labels. You see it, you like it, we make it - it’s time to #GetChoosy with your wardrobe.
Learn more at https://www.getchoosy.com.
New York City headquarters
- Job description below (though not limited to the below!). We are a startup, so this is an opportunity to wear many different hats and have a lot of creative freedom.
- Communicate regularly with overseas sample room to prioritize workload and receive updates on sample status
- Create a well-balanced, cohesive and on-brand collection for each drop.
- Create, update and send out tech packs to overseas sample room and be responsible to answer their questions
- Work with junior designer overseas to arrange fabric sourcing, lab dips and trim to meet design requirements, and ensure submissions are approved for production
- Organize fittings, record fit comments and communicate changes to sample room, in order to create production samples and photo shoot samples on tight deadline
- Partner with product development team to gather inspiration, create mood boards, deliver line sheets, and create product mock-ups in Illustrator/Photoshop
- Assist on a broad range of creative work, including styling and production assistance for photo shoots
- Serve as key contact to production team for placing orders after fittings
- 2-3 years minimum experience in a fashion design, technical design, or product development at a women's fashion company
- BA or BFA (preferably in fashion design or a related field)
- Proven ability and outstanding portfolio of sketches, tech packs, etc.
- Proficient in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours as needed
- A strong eye and passion for fashion trends is a MUST
Please apply online on our website!