We are a new, super innovative CPG wellness brand. Because we are still a young company and are pre-launch (estimated Summer ’19), we are looking for someone who is going to roll up their sleeves. This individual will manage our Packaging Engineer and Product Manager and will report directly to the CEO and COO. The ideal candidate must bring outstanding credentials from other direct-to-consumer companies (wholesale
companies may be considered). Cosmetic experience is required, while OTC and pharma experience is a huge plus.
The role is based in New York City, but may require occasional travel to third party vendors, primarily based in the U.S.
- Establish and manage financial models
- Inventory planning:
- Understand the supply chain flow (from product formulation, testing, and packaging
development through to filling, distribution, and commercialization) and the key inputs affecting supply delivery (MOQs, lead times, transit times, etc.) to plan for inventory need at a SKU level
- Understand how we can account for demand forecast variability through inventory strategy
- Work with supply chain partners to plan appropriately for component production
- Recognize commercialization pipeline needs and strategically apply to longer term capacity planning needs
- Run PO production plans and process purchase proposals
- Track and reconcile PO deliveries with suppliers
- Identify pain points and propose ways to improve
- Provide regular updates from suppliers on quantities/timelines
- Implement scalable tools, systems, and processes to sustain high-performing supply chain planning capabilities
- Comfortable representing the brand to outside vendors in new and existing business discussions
- Able to think creatively to solve problems that may not have an immediate or obvious solution. This means constantly trying to find ways to improve efficiency and efficacy, while delivering change and results.
- Strong working knowledge of purchasing/supplier management, manufacturing processes, customer logistics, demand planning and distribution/logistics to be able to establish best practices
- Ability to work with Product Manager to plan for and develop new product launches
- Comfortable asking questions. . You must be confident enough to ask others around you for clarification or guidance.
- Able to work both collaboratively and independently
To Apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.