Nova Octo is a rental concept granting clients access to an exquisite archive of eveningwear through a luxury experience. As fashion’s premiere archive for the fashion conscious, socially responsible woman, Nova Octo provides a sustainable option to event dressing. You’ll find a carefully curated selection of timeless designer and couture gowns from designers like Oscar de la Renta, Elie Saab, Carolina Herrera, and Giambattista Valli. With a sustainable mission and philanthropic side, Nova Octo helps you look great while doing good, without the one-wear guilt.
Based in TriBeCa, Nova Octo is seeking a part-time showroom stylist with some weekend and evening availability. This position’s primary role will be driving sales, generating new leads and creating lasting client relationships. Applicants must have proven experience of luxury fashion and/or eveningwear sales, as well as the ability to pin garments for temporary alterations.
- Responsible for introducing new clients to Nova Octo, and increasing customer conversion and retention.
- Propose projects and sales events that align with the strategy and objectives set, as well as customer activities to retain clients and participate in such events as required.
- Actively strive to improve Nova Octo processes to ensure client expectations are exceeded each time.
- Proactively drive sales and create lasting customer relationships.
- Stay on top of fashion and trends to ensure the clients receive top service and suggestions for their event.
- Understand dress codes and be able to educate clients accordingly.
- Grow the client base by demonstrating exemplary customer service at all times.
- Responsible for conducting one-on-one showroom appointments, as well as supporting clients through phone and website sales; understanding the importance of driving sales through all mediums.
- A self-starter motivated by having responsibility, and eager to get ahead in their career.
- Motivated to drive sales and work towards set targets, with an ability to think outside the box when required.
- Minimum four years of experience as a stylist, personal shopper or luxury fashion sales role, with a proven record of achieving sales targets and retaining clients.
- Experience in fitting by pinning for temporary alterations.
- Extensive knowledge of fashion with a special interest in eveningwear and able to dress clients of all ages according to fashion, type of event and make them look and feel great.
- Able to show excellent communication skills and enjoy networking and building relationships.
Email resume and cover letter to Careers@novaocto.com